iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finished My POPLAR Outhouse #1

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, June 03, 2016, 08:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Working on and off for a while doing a little at a time but I finished my Country Outhouse.
The inside is 4' x 4' x 6 foot tall.
The inside has no seat but I did place the floor joist in a way that plumbing can be installed.
Me and Kirk built the house from air dried Poplar board and baton. The floors are Poplar shiplap as are the vertical boards on the door.
The gables and face boards are all Cedar.....tin roof, hardware, and a little deco to he outside and it was ready.
I shared the pics on Facebook and it SOLD in just a few hours. The guy came straight to my house with the cash. Customer will pick it up tomorrow.
Honestly, I never knew there would be this much interest.....but there is....a lot. People are wanting Outhouses.
I guess my next one will be solid Cedar.....they've already put down a deposit.  ;D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

You know David,you could almost sell me grits.  :D
Make a "Garden Shed". I have been thinking about one just about that size right by the garden. I have a shed for the garden tools,but that is about 40 feet from the garden. I could use something close by for the tools that we use every day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

......or you could just put a chair in it and call it a "Sitter".  :D :D :D :D
A good way to just sit and think.  :)

The guy that bought it will use it to put his swimming pool equipment in right beside his pool. Says he gonna put shrubs and flowers around it.
I think it will look nice when he gets it set up right.

starmac

Plenty of demand for them up here, but folks want them functional as they are still used for their intended purpose.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Den Socling

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Den Socling on June 03, 2016, 09:48:32 PM
You sold that for $300?

No.....I start off pricing things high because I can come down but can't go up.....got a bite and set the hook right out of the gate.  fishin-smiley

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WV Sawmiller

David,

I'd never have thought of it. Amazing what people will buy.

(By the way - it looks to be missing a seat. Going to be a single or two holer? I never figured why they made two holers - I never wanted to be in there alone, let alone with company).
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Mooseherder

Surprising low price that includes being built to handle any size snow load. :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on June 03, 2016, 10:51:26 PM
Surprising low price that includes being built to handle any size snow load. :)

:D

Don_Papenburg

Two holers have different sized holes so the smaller patrons will not end up down the hole or stuck.   I had seen a four holer with a step down bench seat that would help the toddlers become independent thinkers .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

red

Two story if you have a nice View
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WDH

Nicely done.  You are one creative dude. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

That is truly a work of art my friend.  You did (and are doing) good !!!   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lowpolyjoe

21incher

Nice job. I was at the local Amish store today and they had about 100 premade sheds that they sell out back. There was one that looked just like yours and the same size with a $889.00 price tag on it that included delivery. Must be outhouses are making a come back. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

tule peak timber

My wife just looked at your out house and gave two thumbs up !  8) 8)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: tule peak timber on June 04, 2016, 07:41:17 PM
My wife just looked at your out house and gave two thumbs up !  8) 8)

Tell the wife I said Thank-You!  :)

tule peak timber

Myself,,,,I liked the "waiting area" :) :) :) :) :)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

OffGrid973

Does the installation guide have a recommended number of beverages for the bar attachment?  I love this design and may be stealing shortly for a small garden version :)

Well done
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thanks for the compliments Y'all.
We loaded it with the backhoe this morning.

The family that bought it is really happy.
We shook hands and there it went.

Bark Beetle

You don't work wood, you work with wood.

red

The two best days of owning an Outhouse.  The day you build it and the day it drives away . With $300 plus
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Czech_Made

Thank You Sponsors!