iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

conveyor belt

Started by coxy, June 01, 2016, 09:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

conveyor belt for multitek something ss cant remember the model its got the circle saw anyway the belt is breaking its got little rubber paddles on it to grab the wood does anyone know where you could get a belt aside from the company or a place to order the clips to put it together they have a metal rod that goes through them  they have to be kinda small the rollers are only 3in round  thanks

r.man

I have seen millwrights make and repair belts, the joiners are common tech so might even be available at a farm supply. I think they are bought in longer lengths like a piano hinge and clipped as needed.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Den Socling

You can get belts and lacing from many industrial suppliers like Grainger or McMaster-Carr.

Joe Hillmann

Would the repair splicing for round bailer belting work?  If so you can buy them and the tools for using them at most farm stores.

coxy

wonder if you could use baler belt (if you could find a piece long enough) and some how put paddles on it

Ron Wenrich

You're probably looking for alligator clips.  Farm or industrial supply should have them. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

sandsawmill14

ron is right the alligator lacing is what you need and will work fine on 3" rollers  :) the stuff you use for hay baler belts with the little steel cable for a pin wont last very long but will work till you can find the other if you have to :) at our mill the mill supply truck that comes by twice a week keeps it on the truck so its no problem for us to get but from what i've heard everyone is not so lucky :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

starmac

We used to get the alligator clips at farm supplys, belting too. We had a hay grinder that had the paddle belt conveyor on it.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Thank You Sponsors!