iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shameless wood gloat

Started by Quartlow, November 03, 2004, 10:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

Drug home this little chunk of maple today
about 34 inches tall and I would guess about 12 inces in diameter after I trim off that ugly bump on the side, should make some good firewood  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

As they say on Monster Garage FREEBIE!!!!!
I can see I'm gonna have to fire up the sawmill tomorrow and cut this and the walnut crotches I got yesterday

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

JimY

QL,
I gots a few of them "warty" trees down my way.  I'd let ya have'em but they're a might heavy to ship via the UPS guy. ;D
Jim

PS  You ever make any bracelets?  The wife might like sumpin like that.  Just wondering...

Larry

QL,
Take some pics when ya slice it up.  If it don't amount to anything just tell us.

I pulled out this walnut blow down out few days ago.  Measured 17" across the stump so it is pretty small.  Thought maybe I would cut the roots off and slice them up on the shop bandsaw to see what I get.  Open to any ideas as I have never cut one this small.  Turning blanks?  Maybe it shoud be in the firewood pile?

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Quartlow

nothing goes to the firewood pile with out first slicing it up, slice some off the outside edgs, sometimes you get some nice figure in roots. If you could get some 3 inch squares out of it it could be used for peppermill blanks,  Leave them as long as you can seal em up and let em dry slow..

I've got an apple stump laying down by the shop that I have to pressure wsh and see whats insdide it this week yet.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

DanG

Quart, we got wood goats down here, too, and they are totally shameless. ;D ;D  What ya need them Walnut crutches fer? Ya broke yer leg or something? ??? ::)

I bet you get some pretty little sticks out of that cancerous looking wart on that chunk of firewood. I hope it don't turn out to be a hornet nest. That's what it look's like. :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!