iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sorry but I ate the goat....

Started by Kbeitz, May 29, 2016, 06:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbeitz

Pictures will be coming. I´m now in Dominican Republic and we just ate the goat.
Tommorow I hope to check out a saw mill just for kicks. Hopeing to get some good pictures.
Down here they do everything the hard way. I will post a picture of a tree that just one
part of the root is to big for my mill. I cant post any pictures untill I get home and
download my camera.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

David, have you accounted for all of your relatives??   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 29, 2016, 10:01:32 PM
David, have you accounted for all of your relatives??   :o

All but 1.  say_what

Den Socling

Some of the best Mexican I have had in Mexico was SHREDDED goat!  :D

redprospector

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Some people will eat anything. :D :D 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

sandhills

Quote from: thecfarm on May 30, 2016, 05:42:47 AM
Goat,it's meat.  :)
But, beef, it's what's for dinner  ;D.  Sorry Ray I raise cattle not goats  :D

Kbeitz

I thought that is was good...
But I was also very hungrey
Man it is hot down here and
the skeaters are hungrey.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

starmac

I have eaten goat in Mexico, but sure don't have to leave the country to eat it.
I haven't been there in several years, but even as a kid, anytime we passed through brady Texas we were in for a treat of barbequed goat, hope the place is still there.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Kbeitz on May 30, 2016, 11:51:38 AM
I thought that is was good...
But I was also very hungry
Man it is hot down here and
the skeeters are hungry.

Since you gave blood down there, I guess you won't be giving any soon when you get back to the US!  That and the Zika virus...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

scleigh

Kbeitz, Keep your eyes open for a droid max phone in a black otter box. One of those fine fellas out front of the airport, the one who insist on helping with your luggage, helped himself to my phone that was in the see through pocket on my back pack last fall. I realized it was missing after clearing customs and they wouldn't let me go back outside. You should've heard me in southern slang trying to explain what had just happened to the one security guy that spoke very little english :D :D :D :D

thecfarm

grits,is green,I do not eat plants.
I keep a small grass fed butcher shop going!!    ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

redprospector

Quote from: Den Socling on May 29, 2016, 10:24:03 PM
Some of the best Mexican I have had in Mexico was SHREDDED goat!  :D

You've got to be careful.
I had a friend who was from Mexico in the early 80's. We would meet in Nuevo Laredo about 3 or 4 times a year. One time I decided I wanted to eat Cabrito for lunch. He told me that a lot of the goat served for lunch today, were the losers on the greyhound track yesterday.

I guess the moral to this story is: It's a good idea to have someone who knows your meat supplier when in other places.  ;D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Den Socling

I remember one "restaurant" that had a fire and live goats tied up out back. PETA must not have much of a foothold in Mexico.  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Den Socling on May 31, 2016, 12:31:19 PM
I remember one "restaurant" that had a fire and live goats tied up out back. PETA must not have much of a foothold in Mexico.  :D

We called our politicians on this one. They don't tie up anymore Goats!  :D

Kbeitz

I'm going to have some neat trees to post pictures of when I get back home.
Today I took pictures of a cashew tree. Tommorow I'm snapping pictures
Of the biggest tree I'll probley ever see in my life time.
I just found out the name of the tree is Ceiba Arbol.
It´s  used throughout history to fill mattresses, pillows, tapestries, and dolls.
Also to extract oils used to make soap and fertilizers.
The species can grow to 70 m (230 ft) tall or more.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

sandhills

Hiway40frank

How practical would it be to use a goat to clear land?!?! Im looking for an exscuse to get livestock...oh an I get a decent meal when its done, ever had goat ribs?

Czech_Made

Quote from: Hiway40frank on June 03, 2016, 02:44:59 PM
How practical would it be to use a goat to clear land?!?! Im looking for an exscuse to get livestock...oh an I get a decent meal when its done, ever had goat ribs?

It depends how good are your fences and how much spunk is in the particular goat.  Goats are like clever five year olds with permanent sugar high  ;D

Some of them can be contained, but a goat with real character will give you run for the money and many stories to tell  :)

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Hiway40frank on June 03, 2016, 02:44:59 PM

Out here, fields of dry grass, poison oak or blackberries are cleared by goats.  They set up temporary hot wire fencing to keep them concentrated in one area.  They run like 500 head on a few acres for a little while and them move them on.  They can decimate an area pretty quickly!  The owner will set up a camper trailer and some will have dogs to protect the herd.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!