iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Barn Trusses

Started by Tom_Averwater, November 03, 2004, 04:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom_Averwater

I'm getting ready build a barn ( 50 x 60). I'm thinking of using some of those open web steel wall and roof trusses .Adams Truss in Gentry, Arkansas has the best price on them. Has anyboby ever used these trusses to build a barn? Used  Adams Truss? www.adamstruss.com    
       Thanks Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Minnesota_boy

Sometimes barns can get awfully humid, with cattle bunched up in there.  I've seen barns of wood with the nail heads about rusted off, so I'd worry about the steel in the studs and trusses.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

DanG

Tom, I checked out their website. The trusses looked good in the pics, but I didn't see any specs listed for their products. I'd be sure to get that info from them and compare it to the competition, before dumping a load of cash on them.

Congrats and Good Luck on the new barn. Whatcha gonna use it for?  :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom_Averwater

Dan,
      I'm storing my camper in one cornerandwoodworking shop in most of the rest of it. :)
     These frames were about half the cost of the competitors with the same load rating. ???
He who dies with the most toys wins .

EZ

Even tho most of the buildings I built were constructed with lumber, I did build a few with steel walls and trusses. I'm not sure if they were built with Adams but they do look like what I used. Them few steel buildings that I built, I always told myself, if I ever build, I'm going with steel. I'm sure you will be pleased with Adam Truss.
EZ

Swede

Many buildings in Sweden are built with steel walls and trusses. There are standards for dimensioning and the manufacturers always knows how to build.

In a fire all the steel bends down to the floor,  difficult and dangerous to take care of.

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Thank You Sponsors!