iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Memorial Day

Started by Magicman, May 28, 2016, 08:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Some Gave All.

Honor our Fallen Veterans.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Den Socling

Bruno of NH

Thanks to all that served and their family's .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Carson-saws

I have the upmost respect and gratitude for every veteran.  Thank you, each and every one of you.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Magicman

PatD volunteered to make the flower arrangement for tomorrow's services.
(The camera angle is deceiving because it is well over 3' tall.)

Sanctuary Flower Arrangement
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redprospector

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

coxy

yes thank you veterans for all your services  those flowers are very nice  and the story you posted Den was a nice read also

Straightgrain

That's awesome Magicman!
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

thecfarm

I will be thinking of our fallen Vets.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

John S

Please remember, as MM said, we honor the "fallen" on Memorial Day, it is not Veterans Day!  Go to YouTube and play "Some Gave All" by Billy Ray Cyrus.  Also, tomorrow is the real Memorial (or Decoration as my dad called it) Day, May 30!
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

WV Sawmiller

Let's remember our Vet families too. They endure a lot so the rest of us can serve.

Both my children were born while I was in USMC - the first one was when we were overseas and both were away from family and long time friends.

There are lots of sleepless nights when you have a service member in harms way and nothing you can do but pray he/she returns safely. My son was in Iraq in the Nat'l Guard and I was working there so our family got the double whammy. We did get to link up on Thanksgiving Day at the Temple of Ur (Abraham's childhood home) in southern Iraq in 2004 .
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

wesdor

Thanks for bringing this up. I'm watching the Memorial Day concert from Washington as I write this.  Several times I've had tears in my eyes.

Saw a photo the other day.  It said something like this:  Monday is Memorial Day for many people.  But for some every day is Memorial Day.  The photo was a family gathered around a flag draped coffin. 

We can never thank enough those many who gave the ultimate sacrifice.  But I know for sure I thank them, and am happy to write this on English.   

pineywoods

I try to do a bit more than just remember. I build oiled walnut flag display cases purposely sized to hold a properly folded coffin flag. Donated to the family of deceased veterans, where they are usually proudly displayed in a place of honor. I don't keep track of how many, but I build them in batches.  It's about time I got busy and made another batch. Just my small way of honoring my fellow veterans....
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

svart ole

They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

From For the Fallen a poem by Robert Laurence Binyon
My wife said I collect junk, I told her I am a amateur industrial archaeologist just trying to save valuable artifacts.

Magicman

Logger RK

My Son,The Combat Marine sent me this when he was over there a few years back.  A Great Warrior's Advice. Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about his religion. Respect others in their and demand that they respect yours. Love your life,perfect your life,beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to people. When you rise in the morning,give thanks for the light,for your life,for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks,the fault lies in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing,for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirt of its vision. When your time comes to die,be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death,so that when their time comes they weep and pray for little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song,and die like a hero going home.   Tecumseh.   Thank You Son, And All The Others That Served.

Thank You Sponsors!