iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thought I blew it up

Started by Corley5, November 02, 2004, 05:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

I thought the 372 was all done tonight.  I fired it up and started cutting on a pretty good sized maple when it just quit.  Just plain quit no missing or sputtering just kinda slowed a wee bit and quit from full thottle.  It happened so fast that the chain was still running full speed out of the cut.  I was surprised when it fired back up on the first pull as I thought it had seized up.  It did this two more times and I took it back to the truck for a check up.  The gas in the tank was cloudy so I dumped it out in favor of some new stuff but the gas from the tank was fresh a few days ago.  Started her back up again and went back to cutting and the same thing happened three or four more times and then everything was fine.  Ran two more tanks of fuel without a problem and all seems to be fine now.  I'm gonna pick up a fuel filter tomorrow for it.  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

weimedog

I certainly hope your not another one of the Amzoil 100:1 club!
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Corley5

Nope I use Jonsered oil in bottle pre measured for 2.5 gallons of gas.  

Captain

The last time a customer's saw was doing that (husky) the field wire to the ignition coil was rubbing on the flywheel.  The condition could be duplicated by operating in specific positions.

Captain

sawguy21

Years ago my new Poulan 3000 (since stolen) started doing that once it got hot. Found the spark went AWOL. I removed the clip securing the H.T. lead to the cylinder Problem solved
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Corley5

The saw never missed another beat after acting up that evening and we've ran 2 1/2 gallons of gas through it since then.  I did buy a new fuel filter for it but never put it in.  Just having a bad day I guess ;)

Thank You Sponsors!