iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homemade Sawmill-Upgrade

Started by MikeZ, May 24, 2016, 10:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeZ

After 3 years I finally got some upgrades made to my mill. Made a new blade guard using better plywood, 22 hp Predator w/2 B belt drive, linear actuator belt tightener, power travel(variable speed), relocated battery and alternator, made easy fold down gas tank, power in-out roller guide bar. Happy with improvements. Now can't wait to add hyd toe boards, up down backstops and clamp(s).

MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

dustyhat

Very good looking build,  looks like your thinking it out good.

sawmilllawyer

Wow, nice work, impressive build. Looking forward to the rest of your future modifications.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

larrydown60

Looking good nice build I am admiring your work. I am watching for ideas for my build Thank you

fishfighter

Nice. ;D What motor drives are you using? With the drive chain on the inside, do you see any problem with saw dust building on the chain?

MikeZ

Absolutely no saw dust on chain inside frame. I may put a 5/4 underneath it so it doesn't sag too much. Then I will prob make some cutout areas so sawdust and rain can get away. The drive motors are from surplus center( 79 rpm). I actually used 4 of these on mill. two for chain drive to acme screws, one for in-out on roller guide and one for travel with pwm board.(same as KB uses.) Finally got them back in March after a month long wait. Mine came from Germany.
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

larrydown60

Please let me know how you like the 22hp predator motor I may need to upgrade my motor once I get it finished I have 16 hp v twin that i am not sure it will be big enough. thanks  Larry 

MikeZ

Larry- So far so good. Happy with the way it performs. Very smooth. RPMs run at 3600-3620. It hangs right in there, I can hear it when it starts to really work but not much pull down. 
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

warina drive

I also noticed the yellow rulers/markers are they magnetic and if so where did you get them.

Pete

Kbeitz

Yep...  magnetic  and Cooks has them.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!