iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can't stand the wait

Started by tmbrcruiser, May 22, 2016, 08:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmbrcruiser

I order a Baker mill back in mid March, the wait is worst than waiting on Christmas morning when I was 4 or 5 years old. When I ordered they said, it would be about 3 months they just didn't tell me the waiting would be so hard. Lots to do getting ready. I ordered ducts for sawdust removal today, boy was that a ton of fun to figure out. Well just wanted to share my misery thanks for listening.
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

derhntr

Been there. Think I waited 3-4 months for my mill in 06
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

ladylake

Which Baker mill are yiou getting, gas or diesel.  Congrads.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

tmbrcruiser

I jumped off the cliff and bought a 3650E and edger. I am still working but getting close to retirement so it may be a bit of an over build for now. But when I retire I want some production without spending every hour in the mill. Would like to divide my time between the mill and a shop to produce flooring. I'm following a well thought out plan  :-\ "build it and they will come", at least that's what I'm telling my wife. Time will tell!

Solomon

I had to wait 16 weeks to get my LM4, I was climbing the walls by the time it finally arrived.
It was well worth the wait.    8)
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

Dad2FourWI

Congrats on the mill!!

Yeah, the wait stinks... when my wife finally convinced me to upgrade (due to blowing out my back) we had to wait until a used mill, that fit our requirements, found its way to our WM rep. Boy was I happy when that call came in!! (and a bit frightened too! LOL! )

We all all waiting on pictures of the happy arrival!

Cheers!
-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

tmbrcruiser

Got the email today, my mill and edger is ready and waiting! :) 8) Not sure how long before it will be shipped but won't be long I hope.

Magicman

Thanks for sharing the good news.  We rejoice with you.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

8) 8) 8)

Now do they come and install it?
Boy, back in my day..

tmbrcruiser

No, it's a do it yourself kind of thing. Hopefully I will be able to get any advise I need from Baker.

tmbrcruiser

The wait is over, have been busy the last two days get equipment into the building. I think two weeks and I will have dust flying. Mill came in late Tuesday evening, it was dark by the time we set the mill on the ground. 

Chuck White

Now that's quite the mill, congratulations!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Sorry,but I have to say just about the same thing. That is quite the mill.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

redbeard

Excellent! Going to be a great production operation.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

larrydown60

Wow I guess it was worth the wait very impressive set up

ozarkgem

Very nice setup. I think Baker Mill's are a very well built mill. Looks like the log pile needs attention . More pics.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

scully

Wow ! what a chunk of iron ! They aint shy about using real steal to build em ! I like it !
I bleed orange  .

wesdor

Fine looking mill and equally fine home for it.  Thanks for keeping us posted

Bruno of NH

That's a great looking set up for sure :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

ozarkgem

How many HP on the motor? What width bands will you run?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

SCSawyer

Sawdust 🙌 sawdust🙌 !!!!!!
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

Quebecnewf

Now that is a serious mill for your first mill. Give us more details and pics as you go ahead. I have a Enercraft mill. They were bought out by Baker . My mill is not near as tricked out as yours but I would love to spend a day making that machine go.

Keep us posted

Quebecnewf

bkaimwood

WOW!!! I admired the severe duty construction of that beast for quite a while before checking it out on their site.  That, my friend, is a serious piece of machinery!!! I would love to be there to see er saw for a few hours, but would settle for a video! That thing deserves a video. Please, please, please??!!
bk

tmbrcruiser

Thank you to everyone, this is a dream come true for sure. Have to credit to my wife for letting me live my dream. I looked at a lot of mills before I settled on the Baker and I don't think I will be sorry. The mill is a 50hp 480/3ph and will run 1.5" bands. Within the past 7 or 8 months I have stocked a mixed bag of logs, walnut, cherry, ash, birch, elm, sassafras, bald cypress, red and white cedar almost 100,000 MBF total. Want to take the logs from stump to the carpenter. I will keep everyone posted as the mill nears first dust.

YellowHammer

Quote from: thecfarm on July 28, 2016, 09:42:33 PM
Sorry,but I have to say just about the same thing. That is quite the mill.
Me too
That is quite a mill!
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!