iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the cruise

Started by snowstorm, May 19, 2016, 06:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

this years summer trip started in Rome Italy on may 8. after over 10 hrs in the air and no sleep. we took a segway  tour. it sure beats walking. the next day we boarded the windstar  ship wind surf for the next 1100 kt miles. ending in Venice. i can go into a little more detail if anyone is interested

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Wenrich

We've been doing the midsize ships, mainly Holland America 1200-1700 passengers.  I've seen some of those Windstar and often wondered how those smaller ships handled.  There is a lure of fewer people on board, but would the small size also be a little more turbulent in windy or rainy conditions? 

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

snowstorm

this boat was 200 m or about 600ft  66 ft beam 15ft draft diesel electric. 4 gen sets with 2 that ran the props. with a 1000hp bow thruster. 300 passengers max with 190 crew. it has sails but not enough to really call it a sail boat. they do a very good job of taking care of you. top speed was 12.5 kt 14.5 with the sails up. everything was in good shape except i was not impressed with there maintenance program  with the tenders or life boats. they towed one back another would not start. poor fiberglass repairs to the hull. i will get some pictures up

Thank You Sponsors!