iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Extraordinary carvings

Started by Den Socling, May 18, 2016, 03:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

My next door neighbor is Kraig Brady. http://www.frontierreflections.com/ He carves constantly winter and summer. His house is always surrounded by neat stuff. We just walked over and took some pictures because the Frontier Man and the Flying Eagle knock my socks off! Take a look.

No. The dogs are real.  :D

I saw two Pileated Woodpeckers today or one twice or one thrice?  :D

Savannahdan

Some folks have talent and then there's folks like me that can't even make stick figures.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Magicman

Those are very neat carvings.   ;)

Is that the Susquehanna River I see in the background?

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

They are amazing. The little bear in the tree would look great on Jeff's new entry tree. Thanks for sharing.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Den Socling

Magicman

OK, I thought that it looked a bit smaller than the Susquehanna.  We parked our camper at a cabin up Hwy414 when we visited there several years ago.  As far up as we were the Pine had gotten rather small, but that was very pretty country. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Den Socling

This is Pine Creek in our front yard. It's pretty big.

btulloh

Those are amazing.  You have good taste in next-door neighbors. 

That's a real nice spot you live in. 

HM126

Den Socling

When you look into the face of the Frontier Man, it's almost spooky. His eyes look right at you.

Rusticcreations

Wow that is some of the best carving work I've seen in my life.

AK Newbie

There is a chainsaw carving competition in Seldovia, Alaska during Labor Day weekend each year.  It draws some of the finest carvers in the country.  He should consider entering.  I'll be happy to assist him.
Kevin
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

Chop Shop

I just located and got a lumberjack carving that was done in 1977 from Duke Moore.   Holding an old flat top stihl and a falling axe.   Wedge in one back pocket and a can of snoose in the other.   Detail is impeccable.

He was one of the first chainsaw carvers there was.  Did allot of very nice finish carvings to.

If you have seen a cigar store Indian on the west coast, chances are he did it.    He also hand carved every animal on a carousel ride he had here in Ashford Wa back in the 70s/80s.

Man, I miss that place.

Google image "duke moore mountain carving"

Glenn

Simply amazing.  I love seeing the talent that people have.  We have a great deal of talent in my area from artists to painters etc.  I never get tired of seeing their work !!

Bark Beetle

Those are awesome! All I can carve is spoons
You don't work wood, you work with wood.

IndianaJoe

correct me if I am wrong, but is the frontier man a likeness of O'l Gabe(Jim Bridger)?

Den Socling

I don't know. I'll ask Kraig if he had somebody in mind.

Den Socling

Patti just took a friend over to show her Kraig's carvings. He sold the Frontier Man, the Pileated Woodpecker and the eagle. They're gone!  :-\  Must have been a mighty chunk of change for him.

Thank You Sponsors!