iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Had a visitor

Started by Peter Drouin, May 17, 2016, 10:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

I have a sow and cub hanging around for the last few days. She had tried to get to my bees.

The marks are about 6½' off the ground. I put more screws in the wood where she was pulling on. The other day she was in the green house. :D :D By the time I got the kodak she was gone.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

barbender

I like bears. The older I get, the more I just enjoy watching critters and letting them be. When I was younger I was always looking for a reason to hunt and shoot everything. 
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

I've been having one of them come to my bird feeders. Well only bird feeder now,I only have one.  The bear smashed the other one. I've been bringing the feeder in each night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Nice "Bee Shed" Pete, I like it.   ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

LaneC

I am glad we only have to worry about the skunks down here (and Veroa mite, and Small hive beetle). Hopefully she will not get to them. Do yall paint your hives up there?
Man makes plans and God smiles

coxy

S S S  I have never had any trouble losing chickens in 5 years  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X ;D :)

Peter Drouin

Quote from: LaneC on May 18, 2016, 10:30:20 AM
    Do yall paint your hives up there?

Some do, I don't, The wt supper is an old one.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Peter, do your bees stay in that cage?
Do you have to bring them food and water?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

I wouldn't dare keep something like that around. My She-Bear would have me locked in it, all the time.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sprucebunny

I had a visitor, too. Yes, I still had a birdfeeder out. It's 20 feet off the ground and I blocked off the porch stairs but I guess bears really do have a keen nose because it finally left when I put the feeder indoors and started my diesel truck.
Throwing rocks and milk crates and yelling 'bad bear' hadn't worked  :D
I even fired a round from my 380 in another direction...hurt my ears !
Wish I'd gotten a picture of it falling out of the hemlock tree which made quite a racket since there is still metal porkypine guards on that tree !!

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

red

I think you need those air horns in a small can but I'd they want birdseed then they get birdseed
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Peter Drouin

Nice pic, The first one with the face [who me, your talking to me] look  :D :D :D
My feeders are out too , 6' from the ground. I'm sitting here with the window open and I can hear 3 of them hooting back and forth.

Ann and I just love the wildlife in the yard. We even had a woodchuck running around the yard today Trying to hide behind a dandelion.  :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Ruffneck

DelawhereJoe

We just had one of them pass through the state, its been years....I having trouble remembering when I saw the last bear sighting reported.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Ron Scott

Great bear and owl pictures!
~Ron

thecfarm

Nice owl picture. Looks like it's on a shepherd's hook? Probably close to the house.
I don't hear or see many owls. Last one I saw must of been 20 years ago. I was showing Brenda the property lines and one kept landing and flying in front of us.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

It was Cfarm, We have a bunch here I think it's because Ann and I feed so many things It's good eating for a lot of animals here.  :D :D :D  They do keep each other in check so no one animal get's to many ahead if you know what I mean.
Like the woodchuck Mr Fox will find him, And maybe I can get a pic of Mr Fox.

Ann is getting a lot better , How are you and your honey doing? 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Glad to hear Ann is doing better.  ;D
Brenda is doing fine. As long as she don't rototill the whole garden in one day.  ::) She thinks she can go from 0 to 50mph all at once. Than she fell a couple times. One real bad one. You know,the one where there is nothing but air around you and you are straight out and than the ground catches up with ya.  :o

Peter Drouin

Brenda needs to slow down some.   ;) But, with the nice weather I can't blame her. smiley_sun
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

I was looking out the window and saw this little guy. 

So I went out with some bread and we had a talk. ;D

But he did not want to.
:D
Said he'll be back later.  :D :D :D He was small, maybe 40lb.

He did have some bread before he left. I KNOW DON'T FEED THE BEARS. ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

sprucebunny

So cute ! Look at those eyebrows  :D

"My" bear was passing thru my yard the other morning but didn't want to talk either .
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

thecfarm

I got up this morning and saw the same thing at my feeder. I woke  Brenda up and told her to grab her phone. The bear was scratching at the ground getting the bird seed. It did that for about 15 minutes. Than it reached up and knocked the feeder down. That was enough of that. The fun and games was over. I opened the door and said,That's enough. It obeyed me,  :D and took off running.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on May 30, 2016, 05:48:50 AM
I opened the door and said,That's enough. It obeyed me,  :D and took off running.

:D :D :D smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

While I was milling today I got a pic of a baby.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!