iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More reasons to live in the country

Started by WV Sawmiller, August 18, 2017, 08:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Got up this morning and my wife noticed the yard was full of deer. Three does and three spotted fawns in the grass, eating the willow and a small redbud by the road.

Yesterday Sampson barked a warning and I thought the neighbors cat was back but it turned out to be a bunch of 20-25 wild turkeys with at least two different age groups of young ones. They were walking the fence line trying to find a low spot they could crawl under to get back in the pasture. Never a dull moment around here.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Don P

Happy birthday!  :)

One the way over to pick up my pard the other morning there were a couple of does and 3 turkeys in the road at the wildlife crossing. A few minutes later coming back by there were 2 six point bucks and saw the rear end of another deer at the same place. I don't think I saw any cars but it was a busy drive to work  :D

Autocar

There's no place like the country, I know where your coming from .
Bill

coxy

Peter Drouin

I like it too.

4x4 with his new mill. :D :D ;)

There's nothing like country living. 8) 8) ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

coxy

grouch

Peter Drouin:
That can't be "4x4 with his new mill"; everybody in that picture is standing still. There'd be boards and sawdust flying every which way if that were really him.

Wish I had that beautiful owl near my house.
Find something to do that interests you.

Don P

Rounded the corner on the commute over to the barn to two hens and 6 babies this morning.

PA_Walnut

Understand. We have deer and turkey on our acres of woods. It's a battle to keep the hunters away. It's like crack to them.
Took a pic of this actual bumper sticker a while back. I need to find one for my ride!  :D

I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

coxy

:D :D never seen one of them before but I'm game for 1or 6 ;D and welcome to the FF

thecfarm

Turkeys galore here. At least a 2 flocks. The chicks are diffeant size,easy to tell apart. Not seeing many deer. But this fall they will show up and disappear during hunting season. I see them at the lower end of the field and see tracks in my tractor tracks.I did a moose track,but only that once. It has not came back.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

was it before MM came to visit or after  :-X :D

WV Sawmiller

cfarm,

Is a blue handled Logrite a legal method of taking Moose in your state? If so Coxy may be on to something.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

That was before MM came.
Depends what you call legal.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sandhills

Sorry RB but you really need to get back to the Billarosa!  ;)

sandhills

Yep, I just spent 2 days moving my brother in law traveling 8 hours each way on I80, I'll take this road any day, I ain't as young as I once was.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Raider Bill on August 21, 2017, 10:21:44 AM
Ahhh City life.....

That's for sure!

This particular little mishap was caused by a car not stopping for a bicyclist crossing with the right of way on a clearly marked trail crossing. Lot's of excitement. even had a chopper land.
Block from my house.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!