iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Howdy!!!

Started by KENROD, November 01, 2004, 10:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KENROD

Howhy Y'all!!!

I just registered and figured I'd jump in and say Hi to everybody. I,ve been milling for about a year, sure is fun. ;D ;D ;D I have been lurking for awhile and really enjoy the forum, so I thought I'd join in and have some fun. 8) 8) 8)

chet

Glad ta see ya took da leap.  :)   Now for da big question, are you a tater fan or do ya prefer yucky dat grit stuff.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Tom

Welcome Kenrod!

you've broken the ice now.  Tell us about yourself.  Lots of good folks in Mo.

ARKANSAWYER

Welcome, but I think we have reached our quota of "Show Me" sawyers.   ::)  What ya got and what ya doing?
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

sparks

Welsome to our disfunctional family.  :)
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

sparks

Sorry, had a little to mush to drink. :-/
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Brad_S.

Welcome to the club, Kenrod.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Bigdogpc

Welcome to the best place on the web!!  Whatcha usin', whatcha sawyin' and where do ya stand on grits? :o

fstedy

::)  HOWDY HI   ::)
Welcome aboard what kinda mill ye runnin  ???
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Swede

Howdy KENROD and Welcome.

You also have to tell what You´ve herd about Swedes!   They are  incomprehensible and don´t know the language, heh? :D

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

RacinRex

Kenrod welcome.... You already know that.

Pictures... thats all I got to say. You'll be hounded until you do.  :D
81 Massey Ferguson 275 W/ loader
Stihl 046
Simplicity Bandmill
04 Dodge 2500 4x4 Quad Cab CTD
A whole shop full of wood working tools
and this is my hobby :)

KENROD

For all those inquiring minds out there. I run a Timberking B20. I mill for my own use and do some custume work. Haven't rounded up a very big customer base get :'( :'( Then again I haven't been at this all that long either. As for grits, I don't know that I have had any. ??? Kind of looks like saw dust to me. ::) That doesn't taste too bad though. :)

As for Swedes, I here they're mighty big fellers. ;)  

sigidi

G'day Kenrod,

welcome I'm sure someone's been saving a seat for ya :D
Always willing to help - Allan

Fred

I kinda miss Missouri myself .. Welcome Kenrod  !!
     Fred
Baker 18M
Woodmaster 718 Planer/ molder

Larry

We ain't even close to the quota on Show Me sawyers Arky. :D  ;D  :D  ;D

Welcome Kenrod.  Your up there in that part of the state with the big deer and the coldest temperatures.  Keep that door closed this winter.  Lived in Trenton for few years and meant lots of nice people out there. 8)

Just read yesterday in the Green Horizons about a guy running a TK-1220 out your way in Gallatin. :)

http://agebb.missouri.edu/agforest/archives/v8n4/gh8.htm

Watch out for them southern boys.  Anybody that eats grits can't be to ...... :D :D :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bibbyman

Welcome Kenrod.  Don't know what took you so long!  Just reading the post can't be as much fun as jumpin' in a mixing it up.

You ain't planted your tree on the map yet so I'll have to get out my map to see where you are.

TimberKing hua?  Well,  that's all right. Maybe it'll fade to that Yelloweshred color over time. ;D  
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

customsawyer

Welcome Kenrod
Them grits is like sawdust taste better with salt and pepper
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Percy

Hi Kenrod.
Welcome. Ive never seen a B20 Timberking in person but have heard good things about them. On the grits thing, I havent had much experience with them either, just once and they coudda made a buzzard puke ;D ;D

Anyhow, glad we got some one new to pick on..uhh I mean...uhh  converse with .... ;D ;D ;D thats it ;D :D
Later
Percy
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

ronwood

Kenrod,

Welcome to the forum. Good to see another Show Me sawyer!!   :) :)

Enjoy your time on the forum.
Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

iain

yippidiedodah welcome to the pleasure empourium

just remember   JEFF'S   king and all us others are just waif's, stray's, begger's, hangers on, groupies (you no who you are) or plain old imposter's

iain

TN_man

Welcome Kenrod! Glad to have ya. 8)
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

KENROD

Thanks for the welcome everybody. :)

Shore am glad to see so many Show-Me boys on here. 8)

Biddy I got my tree planted now. Looks like'a pine, sure aren't many o'them around here.

Larry I live about 30 miles E of Trenton, small world huh.

GF

Welcome Kenrod,
   Alot of knowledge to be shared here.  I am located n Oklahoma make it to Missouri several times a year just to get away for the weekend.  

Tom_in_Mo.

howdy there kenrod, I don't have a sawmill, just sell them thar beautiful ones ;)

There is bunches of good ole boys on this here forum, I have met some and there is still fellows and gals to meet.

Well, being a redneck from Mo. I have to say that I like them thar grits but they fall second to taters, cause I like my meat and taters
If you have any questions to asked just fire away cause the answers that you will get comes from just plain ole country boys, if you now what I mean

Jeff

Howdy Kenrod.

Have you discovered all of the forestry forum yet? :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!