iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

looking for a good comealong or cable puller

Started by Daver, November 01, 2004, 07:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daver

but that is not too expensive anyone know where they sell heavy duty ones.

Thanks,  Dave
"Remember, amateurs made the ark, professionals built the Titanic."

shopteacher

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Daver

at least a 3 ton one to be on the safe side. Also I noticed there is such thing as a Grip puller I could have more control with a longer cable. Just a thought...

moosehunter

something with a power cord and a switch would be my suggestion
Moosehunter
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

DanG

northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company has a selection of pullers. Might want to give it a look at  www.northerntools.com
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

rebocardo

If you are using it to winch down a tree or logs from some place, getting one with a 40 foot cable instead of a 12 foot cable will be cheaper in the long run. Even though the 40 foot ones are 3x more money.

jimbo

you may try e-bay  or even the fleemarkets  that have them that size  some times

jimbo

Daver

I just wanted to thank you guys for your advice. I followed Jims recomendation and buoght two 2 ton comealongs in Ace hardware they were cheap and I think they will do the job.. I have never done this type of work before that is why I am extra careful.. Especially when I deal with with heavy weights..  Thanks again..

Dave

DanG

Glad to hear you found what you need, Daver.  Now, if ya ain't already done so, poke around on the ForestryForum a bit, especially on "Sawmills and Milling", and "Forestry and Logging".  There are worlds of tips on here that will help you deal with heavy weights in a safe and easy manner.  Most of us deal with this sort of stuff on a daily basis, and we have shared lots of hard-learned lessons. Do yourself a big favor and do your homework before you tackle whatever it is you need them come-a-longs for. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

shopteacher

My mom had one of them thare things. She was always telling me "Come along now" especially when we went to the city.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Thank You Sponsors!