box elder slab

Started by Tam-i-am, May 14, 2016, 04:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Check out this table Kevin made with a slab of box elder.  It certainly didn't look like much when it arrived at the shop or even coming out of the kiln.  Once they applied the tung oil the color just popped!

(The slab is sitting on Alissa high top table legs.)
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

thecfarm

It's popped all right!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Box Elder is some purdy stuff.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

John Mc

I had no idea box elder had that sort of color in it
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Farmerjw

Hence the name, "Flaming Boxelder".  Beautiful table top.
Premier Bovine Scatologist

Tam-i-am

A visitor to our shop told me the red will eventually fade.  Does anyone know if he is right?

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tam-i-am

WDH

can we resand to bring it back?

WDH

I think so, but I have not had any personal experience with it.