iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old McCulloch Saws

Started by hms79, May 12, 2016, 09:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hms79

Hello to all; really great site. My question may be stupid, but here goes: I inherited 3 McCulloch saws, two Pro Mac 610's from my Dad when he passed away in 2011, and an old Pro Mac 55 from my Grandpa when he passed away in 2014. My question is this; are the bars interchangeable? I have two 20 inch bars on each of the 610's, but there are some new 16 inch bars laying around here that are very good shape wise. Not interested in cutting so much with old 55, just restoring it to running. Thanks in advance for any advice. hms79
3 McCulloch Pro Mac 610s, Pro Mac 55, Stihl MS 170, Stihl 028 WB

Straightgrain

Laying (stacking) the bars on a bench and visually comparing them should suffice.
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

hms79

Thank you. I guess sometimes the simplest answer is always the best.

Straightgrain

Yesser!

Asking questions here is one of the better decisions I make...

I had three 610s; was getting parts from a retired bus driver in Fayetteville NY. He was a darn nice fella; fair prices, reliable, and prompt!

One of the sponsors is the same way; Chainsawr always does me right!
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

Al_Smith

Those saws mentioned are part of what's termed the " 10 series " saws .As such they will interchange .McCulloch made bars from 16" up to 32" for that series .Both the models mentioned would do well with up to 20" They'll run a 24" but both models are in the 60 cc range and would not do as well with the extra 4" .

hms79

Dad always ran 18" and 20" on the 610s, but I'm positive Grandpa never went longer than 16". He always used Dad's two 610s for bigger stuff.

Thank You Sponsors!