iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Calif.bark beetles and 450 Case Dozer

Started by Crankillya, May 09, 2016, 02:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crankillya

I have a place in drought stricken calif. mountains.It looks like most of my trees are dying or are dead.Bark beetles are the main problem.Calfire predicts 90% of the trees will dye and it looks like it.I have a old Case 450 dozer that helps me move the trees after falling.I need track chains for it and can't find any aftermarket or used.I know 450's were used alot for logging at one time.Can the 450 be fitted with newer sprockets rollers and chains.Once I fix the dozer I can finsh the trees.The bark beetles leave a blue and sometimes red stain in the wood and looks good when given a clear finish.I hope to mill some and see.Thanks

Ljohnsaw

Welcome to the forum.  Sounds like a plan.  Please add you location info to your profile.  Where in Ca are you?  How much property do you have?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

coxy

there are 100 of after market places  I would not try to go through the hassel  trying to do all that and I don't think it would work any way  pm me and ill give you some #s you my have to pay shipping

Gearbox

Case never made there own track chains . Most all came from Italy back in the 450 day . I would check with your dealer . I think 4 - 5000 should buy chains and sprockets . you will need all new track bolts [ they are a special bolt with a shoulder ]. Then take the pads and weld grade 60 rebar to the grouser bars . 
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

HiTech

Try (Tracks n Teeth). I bought chains there for my 450B case dozer. Under 2 grand.

HiTech

LeeB

Quote from: Gearbox on May 09, 2016, 08:21:52 PM
Case never made there own track chains . Most all came from Italy back in the 450 day . I would check with your dealer . I think 4 - 5000 should buy chains and sprockets . you will need all new track bolts [ they are a special bolt with a shoulder ]. Then take the pads and weld grade 60 rebar to the grouser bars . 

Grade 60 rebar is new to me. Number 6 rebar?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

LeeB

Never mind. I looked it up. I ashamed to say I did concrete work for a few years and never new or maybe I just forgot there were different grades of rebar.  ::)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Crankillya

Sorry, I thought I posted a thanks to all yesterday.I'm not good with computors or email.I am on every aftermarket and salvage company list.I have played with old cars along time.My first a 47 Packard at 14 and was addicted to anything with a motor.I'm down to 9 cars.I'm going to the case dealer this morning and maybe a older guy might know if I can put newer sprockets and chains ect. on.Turn it into a ratdozer.I can make most anything work 99% of the time.I have atf in my veins and gears in my head.It's my first dozer, I work with them not on them.I does have mud cleats and was a US forset service red.Keep the ideas coming.I'm of to buy a transit.Thanks again!

Thank You Sponsors!