iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wanted to introduce myself

Started by Rusticcreations, May 10, 2016, 09:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusticcreations

Just thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself, say hi, and tell a little about myself,  My name is Wayne, I live in Maine, I have been self employed for about a year now building log Furniture, I own a small manual sawmill that I bought to aid in the log Furniture construction.

I'm 28 years old and have been self employed since 24 I owned my own roofing and siding company for 4 years until I decided to strictly do the Furniture thing.

Anyways just wanted to say hi and I hope to potentially be able to help others as I am sure I will be asking plenty of questions myself.

I have an odd side of me that wants to learn every little aspect of whatever it is that I am doing lol.

Thanks.
Wayne

Logger RK

Welcome aboard. I just came on at the beginning of the year,I think it was,and have learned a lot. I usually check it out every day now. 8)

Texas Ranger

Welcome to the forum, Rustic, fell out your info. grab a stump and sit a while.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My name is Wayne
I live in Maine
I build furniture with my small mill....

I'm hungry to learn
at 28 I've turned....
and meeting you all is such a thrill.

Welcome Wayne. We are glad to have you and can't wait to see some of your talents.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Seavee

Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Carson-saws

Hiya Wayne.  Love the rustic stuff myself.  Draw knife, tenon cutter and some B.S.and T.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

sandhills

Rusticcreations

I posted a pic on a post in the sawmill section of the site that shows my mill, some poplar I milled out and also a log bed I literally just finished today.

thecfarm

Rusticcreations,welcome to the forum. What kind of sawmill ya got?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Rusticcreations

Embarrassed to say but a harbor freight mill. For what it is it does a good job.

Roxie

That was a nice introduction, and welcome to the forum.   :)
Say when

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Rusticcreations on May 11, 2016, 07:41:58 AM
Embarrassed to say but a harbor freight mill. For what it is it does a good job.

no need to be embarrassed  :) i have alot of h f tools and most are pretty good and if that mill is meeting your needs then its all you need :) besides you can always upgrade when you need to ;D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Bruno of NH

Welcome to the FF
You got to start some where with a mill  :)
I have had mine 2 years and i want to upgrade  :)
One of the best things i do is when i can mill wood 8) 8)
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

glassman_48

Wayne,
Welcome and what a good introduction.  I have learned a lot in here, gets kind of addicting :)

thecfarm

No need to be ashamed of that mill. You will find some very happy owners on here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Carson-saws

Doesn't matter what kind of mill you have...all that matters is your use it...enjoy it...learn from it...create with it.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Thank You Sponsors!