iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

never seen a wind powered mill befor

Started by homesteader shane, May 10, 2016, 07:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve marek

WM LT40HD logrite ach 718 woodmaster timber framing tools 3000 ford tractor 359 395 husky chainsaw woodmizer e50 single blade edger woodmizer 260 moulder 2538 mahindra tractor kd 250 kiln

brianb88

You are right, that was really cool. Thanks for sharing.
Measure twice, cut once

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

1ruralmailman

very cool to watch,thanks for the share.

Magicman

That is some amazing craftsmanship. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ox

That was mega cool!  I absolutely LOVE stuff like this.  Thank you for sharing.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

crowhill

Talk about going "green"! Wow, fantastic. I wonder how old the original design is? Was that stated? The part of leaving the logs in the water, I want to say I heard the old timers used to do that to help drive pine pitch out as well as help pine logs dry.  Thanks for sharing the video.
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

justallan1

fishfighter

Nice, now only if one can get that with wheels under it. :D

Kbeitz

wow.... One meter per hour... Thats slow...
But... If it's cutting 4 logs at a time and cutting the whole log in one swipe
That should be around 40 meters per hour if you could get 10 boards per log.
If.......
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Skip

Wow,  that is spectacular the schematic was unreal.  The mill itself is an amazing piece of work the carpentry and blacksmith craftsmanship is beyond words, AND there are 4 heads  Thanks for sharing that.

Thank You Sponsors!