iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kasco blades

Started by goose63, May 05, 2016, 11:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose63

I looked on there web site did not list 144 inch 7's so gave them a call in stock will ship to day think the guy's name is Drake great guy to talk to said by calling i would get a better deal $ 250 with shipping a box with of 15 gave Drake a big thank you for being a sponsor here on the Forum  8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Sixacresand

There were two Kasco Representatives at the Sycamore Project recently. One of the guys let me have some Kasco blades to try out.  Since I haven't  ran the mill much, sorry to say I have not tried them out yet. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

goose63

I do like the 10's in softer wood but now that i have those 80 year old hard as a rock beams  :o i think the 7's are going to be a lot better
goose

Bruno of NH

You will like the 7's in softwood that has a lot of knots
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

fishfighter

Quote from: Bruno of NH on May 05, 2016, 02:32:43 PM
You will like the 7's in softwood that has a lot of knots

This for sure.

justallan1

Kasco blades are all that I buy when I need some these days. I've used the 10's on pine, juniper and box elder burls and they work great. I did get a couple 4's for some russian olive that work great also. I have an EZ Boardwalk Jr and feel Kasco blades work better for me than what is recommended by the manufacturer and they are much cheaper.
I've used WM and Cooks blades also and I can't tell the difference.
The man that I've dealt with is Derek and he seems like a great guy to do business with.

hopm

Had a couple of folks tell me about the Kasco Blades. Think I will give them a try.

goose63

Derek is his name great guy to deal with
goose

gmmills

I have also switched to Kasco blades. Many of the local sawyers in my area are also switching. We are all growing tired of the quality control issues of WM blades. We have been buying our Kasco blades from forum member Cutting Edge. He is a Kasco factory direct distributor. He also distributes CBN wheels to maintain the proper tooth profiles. Another positive attribute of buying Kasco blades is they offer free shipping on orders of 30 blades compared to 60 blades from WM. If you are looking for a quality blade at a fair price, give the Kasco blades a try.   
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

tmbrcruiser

I was at the Expo in Richmond last month and stopped by the Kasco booth. Left my contact info and today I received an email from the local rep wanting to sell me blades. My mill is on order from Baker and should be here soon, so being new to sawmilling hearing the opinions on Kasco is helpful. Thank you!
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

scsmith42

I switched from WM to Kasco bands several months ago and found that my rate of band breakage dropped by 90%.

Baker now recommends both Kasco and Lennox bands.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

customsawyer

I have switched to Kasco also.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Jeff

You guys need to tell them. It seems they may me leaving us last I heard. Let them know we are doing them good!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Rickcnc

Is there a Canadian supplier for these blades?

Sawman815

Kasco is not leaving the Forum. We will be continuing at the same level we are currently at.

We appreciate all of the support and the wonderful comments made by all of the members.

Management has been made aware of the benefits of continuing to support the Forum.

Thanks to all. 8) 8) 8)

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Sawman815

Canadian supplier is Honig Industrial in Toronto.

(416) 255-8143

fishfighter

Great to hear. I will be placing another order with y'all in the coming weeks.

Nomad

Quote from: Sawman815 on June 02, 2016, 02:48:41 PM
Kasco is not leaving the Forum. We will be continuing at the same level we are currently at.

We appreciate all of the support and the wonderful comments made by all of the members.

Management has been made aware of the benefits of continuing to support the Forum.

Thanks to all. 8) 8) 8)

Couple of things I need to look at, but I'm seriously considering switching to your bands too.  (Just a reminder that some of the benefits don't show up right away.)  :)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

bkaimwood

Does kasco have a comparable blade to a 7/39 turbo?
bk

69bronco

Does Kasco offer a sharpening service, similar to re sharp? Looked on there site, can't seem to figure that out.

sawwood

I had Kasco send me a 7deg blade to try and it was great till I hit the back stop. Now I received two 4 deg to mill some
White Oak from Cutting Edge but this rain has put me grounded till now. When I did get to try them they sure did ok
but with our manual Norewood mill they seem to be not any different then the 10 deg blades in wide cut. In 6 or 8"
cuts they did real good. So what I need to know is should I be using water drip on the blade with some soap? These
Oak have been down for a year so may be a little dry. We have a Honda 20hp engine but not sure what the blade
speed is. We are running at 3600 rpm but still seem to push hard and it makes for a long day. We are cleaning up
under the mill next week and I am going the see what size band wheel size is and the engine pulley size to  see if we
are getting the right band speed.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

barbender

It is on my short list to get a few Kasco blades to try out- you fellas that have done so, how did you get 1 or 2? The only way I have seen to buy them, you had to get a whole box.
Too many irons in the fire

4x4American

I got a box of Kasco's from Cutting Edge...gonna be all I run from here on out. 

Barbender, just ask them for a sample blade!
Boy, back in my day..

Kasba

I have been amazed at how good of quality their blades are. I usually get about 1/2 day out of a blade and the Kasco's I am averaging almost 2 days.... Wow is all I can say.
Timbery M285 25hp, Husqvarna 570 auto tune, Alaskan sawmill, Nova 1624 wood lathe, Dogo Argentino

Thank You Sponsors!