iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to me - Jonsered 6000 Bandsaw blade source?

Started by Kel-Kat, May 05, 2016, 01:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kel-Kat

I have a new, to me, Jonsered (6000?) bandsaw mill.  It's the one powered by a Jonsered 2095 chainsaw motor. Actually it's more of a bandmill kit as a lot of it is in pieces.  I'm confident I'll be able,to get it up and working as I've received many offers of help from skilled and talented mechanics who want to have access to my services.  I am set up to machine and weld myself so other than the motor everything is in decent shape and what isn't I can repair or fabricate.  Motor likely is ok as well I just haven't tried it out.

What I don't have is any blades.  I'm in the East Kootenay of British Columbia and I'll be cutting whatever's around here.  I have access to some private woodlots and have already sourced a number of urban trees.  From what I was told the blades are a smaller than average length.  I'm also asking for advice on blade configuration hook, pitch etc and material.

I'm looking for suggestions for source(s) for blades. In BC, in Canada or from the US.  I also have a PO Box in Montana so shipping doesnt have to be over the border.  Staying in BC would likely be the most convenient although probably also the most expensive.  Southern Alberta is an option I'm there every few months.

Mill also came with a grindlux sharpener,  any info on blades/discs appreciated as well.

I bought the mill cash with a firm commitment to myself that it was for enjoyment and not to worry about making money. Figure if I start that way I won't be disappointed. And I may be pleasantly surprised.

I want to timber frame a shop and addition and want to cut the timbers and joinery myself.  Plus I've needed a mill for 25 yrs. Honest I have.

Thanks for,any help advice or ...

Scott

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kel-Kat

Not certain of the dimensions yet.  All of the, very water damaged, documents I got are in metric.  I am of an age where I started with imperial in school and then they transitioned us. I understand both but haven't done the conversion yet. 

Was hoping someone,would know.  The below is from an online source and looks correct.

Looks like they're 3570 mm x 35 mm with a 25 mm pitch from the factory
Which is roughly 11 ft 8 1/2 inches by 1 1/4 inches with a 1 inch pitch

Kel-Kat

I realize the pitch and hook angle can be changed for different woods and conditions.  Looking for sources, suggestions and any advice.  Especially from anyone who owns or has run this model of mill.

Savannahdan

Kel-Kat, here's a link to the pdf file on the Jonesed site for that mill:
http://www.jonsered.com/ddoc/JONI/JONI1996_AAaa/JONI1996_AAaa_I9600024_.pdf
Not much to the document, just diagrams.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

plowboyswr

Check with the sponsors  on the left most of them can custom make one for you as long as you've got the measurements for it.  You might want to also ask about a sharpening  program.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

hamish

Scott,

With respect to your location, Western Woodlot will look after you well.  Grindlux manuals are easily available online, however parts are no longer kept by Husqvarna or Jonsered, let alone most dealers will give you a blank stare when you mention grind-a-what.  WoodlandMills in Canada is currently stocking them so parts availability should be available through them also.

Jc
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Cedarbug

I own a Jonsered 6000 and also live in the beautiful East Kootenays in Kootenay Bay.  The 6000 is a hobby mill and is great as a personal use mill.  It cuts accurately and is well designed but it cuts slowly. I am presently trying some 140 inch Lennox blades which seem to be working well. I have sharpened them on my Grindlux and it works but is not full profile.  You can contact me at 250 227-8955 for additional info.

sawguy21

The last post was over 3 years ago, he is likely up and running by now.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!