iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lt28 with 25 hp with starting problems

Started by peterob, May 04, 2016, 06:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterob

my 25hp kohler motor on mill will start then run a couple seconds then die,   I've changed pump, everything from gas tank to carb, including cap an connector,
does it when its cold to, i had a hard time getting started this morning an it was only 45 out, the only thing i haven't done is rebuild the carb  i have had off an blown out everything, thanks for any help

woodworker9

Mine had the same exact problem on my LT 40.  If you have the carb that has a shut-off solenoid, check that.  I completely rebuilt my carb, and the solenoid still sticks occasionally.  I put a brand new solenoid, and it sticks sometimes, too. 

I took a little wet-dry sand paper and sanded it down a little bit.  You have to be careful, and Kohler will probably tell you not to do that, but it has worked since doing it with a light touch.

I bought a brand new carburetor before rebuilding mine, from Kohler, but it's a piece of garbage.  Since I got it on ebay, I can't return it. POS. 

You can disconnect the supply line for fuel from your fuel pump, add a 12" section to keep gas from getting in your mouth, and blow hard.  If you feel the pressure release and the solenoid open, then you know it's your problem.  That's what mine did.

03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

Thank You Sponsors!