iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now THAT'S a walnut slab!

Started by Seaman, April 30, 2016, 07:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaman

I took a trip to Durham NC yesterday, to help my friends at Bull City Design. This slab came from Oregon I think.
Full width job for the Lucas, and they cut it to 18 feet long for this table.

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Ianab

I Like  :)

Then reality sets in  :D

I'd like a table top like that...
I'd like a house big enough to fit a table top that big,
I'd need to buy a bigger measuring tape to work with a board that big....   ;D

But thats a way cool chunk of wood,  8)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Magicman

Oh my, I would love to just see that monster.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

xlogger

Frank, I wish I've know you where in town, I would have come down to see.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

sandsawmill14

wow :o thats a great slab i hope check in the heart does get any worse and give them problems :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

WV Sawmiller

Frank,

Pretty piece of wood and neat equipment you are using. I assume they are going to use it as a fancy conference table or such. I know they will be happy with it. Thanks for sharing.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

fishfighter

Sweet, but the heck you moved it? ;D

kelLOGg

Frank,
Who are your friends at Bull City Design?
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

BUGGUTZ

WOW! Thats impressive. I couldnt afford enough epoxy to cover it lol!
Everyone has to be somewhere.

killamplanes

jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

scully

Thought I seen some prety big wirlnut slabs before but that dude right there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bleed orange  .

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

5quarter

That's either a very big slab, or those are some very small people... ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

boardmaker

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

woodworker9

Very nice!  All the craze in the custom furniture business these days.....everybody wants slab tables, and they all want them delivered and setup because nobody can pick them up or move them.

I've got a decorator right now who wants me to do nothing but build slab tables for her.  Problem is, she wants me to do all the work, and she wants to make all the money.....not this guy.

Thanks for showing.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

xlogger

I stop by and took a look at the slab yesterday. Don't grow them around here like that :o.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Seaman

It is a sweet one! Slab tables are the rage right now, I bet there has been five slabbers bought or built within driving distance since I started milling. Sad thing is, several of these guys are loggers, and sell the slabs for too cheap, and flood the market.
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

steve marek

Wow love the slab never seen a walnut that big around 🌳
WM LT40HD logrite ach 718 woodmaster timber framing tools 3000 ford tractor 359 395 husky chainsaw woodmizer e50 single blade edger woodmizer 260 moulder 2538 mahindra tractor kd 250 kiln

Thank You Sponsors!