iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got this in a barter deal for some Web work.

Started by Jeff, April 28, 2016, 08:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

8)    Floor space in da Barn,  :)  Love them old rides.  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Gearbox

Show us a side shot so we can tell if is a 8N 2N or 9N . Looks  nice
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Bricklayer51

Green acres is the place to be farm liven is the life for me. Great score.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WmFritz

I love old tractors. From the SN, you can find out the date it was manufactured. Oakley has a big antique tractor show every summer, not far from my house. I found a shop manual for my '59 there.

Nice score.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Jeff

I actually got TWO tractors and 6 implements.  A trip bucket, a flail mower, a cultivator, a plow, a disc and a back blade. The back blade is too big for the tractors. I can only get it about 4 inches off the ground. The disc is in rough shape, and the drag needs work too.  Both tractors run really nice, but the one has a radiator leak.   I'll have to take a few more pictures.

Were would I find the serial numbers?

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Remle

"Were would I find the serial numbers?"
On the engine block, left-hand side, just behind oil filter.
Once you have the serial look here for the year.
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/tractor-brands/ford/ford-tractors.html

Jeff

Here are some more photos of the tractor Tammy is on.

pineywoods

I see the old 6 volt generator has been replaced with an alternator..good move. 12 volt electrics ?  You may find that the brakes ain't much. Problem is not brakes, the axle seals leak rear end grease on the brake shoes...That little gadget on the pto shaft is an over-run clutch. very useful when you hook up a bush hog..
Good score, those old tractors have their limitations, but run forever...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Jeff

And this is the other tractor, the one with the radiator issue. I was told they thought this one was the newer tractor.

OneWithWood

Good to have two tractors.  One for down home and one for the UP.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

yukon cornelius

serial number is on the engine block. in the engine close up pic you can see a rectangle "plate" which is a milled flat area with serial stamped into it. You can identify between 9n and 8n by wheel bolt pattern both of yours have 8n bolt pattern. 9ns have a really wide bolt pattern.

Nice score!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

yukon cornelius

also, the serial number plate area is on the starter side just above the starter.

yukon cornelius

one more thing I can add, it appears the distributor on rustier one is on the side and the cleaner one is a front distributor. the side dist. is the newer of the two.

Jeff

Here are the implements we were able to get on with the tractors. Still have to haul the drag and disc.

Ljohnsaw

Nice score!  They look like they have pretty good rubber, too.  Hmm, you are gonna need a bigger barn, though. :D  There is a guy here that picks up old tractors from Nevada and such, gives them a Rustoleum rebuild and sells them for $2-3000 without implements.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Gearbox

Both are 8 N .The one with the tack is the newer one . It should lift that back blade easy . Dip stick is on the right under the seat by foot board . takes 90Wt . If it is milkey oil replace the oil and most times the water gets in past the shifter boot . Enough for now
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

WV Sawmiller

Jeff,

Congratulations. I love barter deals.

FF Members,

Can you guess which of the 2 tractors shown belongs to Tammy and which one belongs to Jeff?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

Quote from: Gearbox on April 28, 2016, 12:25:41 PM
It should lift that back blade easy .

It lifts it, it simply won't lift it high enough. The thing is really big. Wide and tall. With the 3 point all the way up, the blade is only about 3 inches off the ground.

WH_Conley

Cheapest place I have found to overhaul a disc. I just got 14 blades for a wheel disc delivered for $156.00.

http://www.agrisupply.com/
Bill

square1

Quote from: Jeff on April 28, 2016, 02:25:24 PM
With the 3 point all the way up, the blade is only about 3 inches off the ground.
Looks like you have a couple few inches of top link left to raise it a little higher.

thecfarm

They look good. The rusty one looks like mine '54. Always was outside until about 2000. I have it under cover now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Gearbox

Jeff old farmer trick heaping tablespoon of black pepper or ginger will stop that leak while you watch .  Let it idle and put it in . almost all farm clubs have someone with it in there pickup .

Thank You Sponsors!