iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thoughts on dangle head processor

Started by Mike_M, April 27, 2016, 02:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_M

Greetings,
                  We just recently bought a TJ 608B machine with a TJ762C processor head on it. I have been running it for a couple of weeks and the dangle head has a lot of little issues that need to be addressed. The frame needs to be welded in a couple spots, some bushings need replaced, drive rollers need replaced at some point, ect. It works but am considering upgrading to a newer Logmax 6000 head. My question is it worth the money to go through the 762C head to rebuild it or buy a newer used Logmax head? I know there is a lot of knowledge on the forum and guys that have probably been in similar situations.
Thanks Mike

Ken

I had the same equipment combination and struggled with the same questions.  As long as your carrier is reliable and the computer system is not outdated I would think strongly about upgrading the head you have.  The 762's were some of the best heads ever built.  I'm not knocking the Logmax but you may just be buying someones elses problems.  If your 608 is tired I would not dump a lot of money into a used head as the base machine is still going to cause you grief. 

Good luck
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Mike_M

Thanks Ken. The carrier is in pretty good shape and the head still has life in it. I have heard that the 762C heads at the time were very good. I am going to talk with the mechanic we use and get his input as well. The computer is the TJ 3000 and seems to work fine. Do you still run that combination Ken? Any other words of advice on the 762?

Polish Hammer

repairing your head would be far cheeper than replacing the head with anything newer. i know a great place that rebuilds all heads and the pricing and service is great, send me a pm if if you would like there info ( not sure if i can post on open forum )
Cat 322c fmhw with waratah 622, Komatsu PC200-7 FM with waratah 622b, Timberjack 450b grapple, timberjack 660c grapple, Tigercat 630c grapple, John Deere 853j Buncher, echo saws

Mike_M

Ken

Quote from: Mike_M on April 27, 2016, 07:44:38 PM
The computer is the TJ 3000 and seems to work fine. Do you still run that combination Ken? Any other words of advice on the 762?

Mike
I do not have that machine anymore.  My carrier was too tired so I upgraded.  I would be more concerned about the TJ 3000 operating system.  Computer parts for that system are getting very hard to find or at least that was my experience.

Ken
Lots of toys for working in the bush

snowstorm

i like my keto it seems to stand up real well. i see your on the west coast there are a lot of keto heads out there. quadco has a good parts supply for them in longview washington. i call mike out there when i run into tech problems. i was out there last summer so i stoped in to meet mike. i had talked to him several times on the phone. i asked how many keto heads were in the area. he said over 150

Mike_M

The Keto looks like a good head. Out here in our neck of the woods I think the top 3 heads are Waratah, Logmax and Keto. Does anyone know if the feed wheels on TJ 762C head depend on the diameter measurement to apply the correct pressure?

Thank You Sponsors!