iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tools that earn their keep.

Started by hackberry jake, April 24, 2016, 09:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

My jointer and planer get used almostdaily, but some of my tools hardly ever get used. The band saw is usually one of the forgotten tools, but this week, it has definitely earned it's keep. Got a job cutting a burl up for knife handles and got some work making guitar backs and sides out of some Osage orange. I probably should've ordered a carbide blade for the Osage. It doesn't take long to dull $100 worth of normal band saw blades resewing 9" thick Osage orange.

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

lowpolyjoe

WOW - what kind of burl is that  :o.   Very nice looking.

That bandsaw looks like a monster.  Can't wait to get one some time down the road :)

ozarkgem

planer and band saw for sure. But I suppose I use the chop saw more than anything.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

yukon cornelius

nice bandsaw! and wow on the burl!! I have a few tools that I really never thought I would use much but now wouldn't want to be without. belt sanders, band saw, circle cutter tool.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Thank You Sponsors!