iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wanna make my own round log production shop

Started by CarpenterPaul, April 24, 2016, 06:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarpenterPaul

Hey, guys! I need a proper advice!
I'm a newbie in woodworking and I'm gonna make my own round log production shop. My friend runs a building company (he builds round log homes), but we don't want to buy logs anymore. We wanna make them ourselves.
I've found some machines on the Internet that I consider interesting. The manufacturer is the KRAOS company.
My goal is to produce at least 300m of round logs of 200-360 diameter per shift.
The equipment is as follows:
1) OCS-3AM x2
2) UHS-3M
3) TCS-2
4) Some other stuff like conveyors and others.
I'm gonna choose the machines to be supplied with automatic control units, so I could reduce the amount of workers in my shop and increase the production speed.
I also consider purchase of a mini-crane from them. Do you think it can help a lot in building?
It took me a long time to get to the point of the machine names in the catalogue cause the translation is really lame.

Hope I haven't broken any rules of the forum and this message is not advertising-like.

S.Hyland

Hi Carpenter Paul,
    I suspect that it's going to be really hard for any of us to give you any specific advice, without knowing more details than would be possible to convey over a forum. If you are new to the industry that you are trying to get into, my best advice is to find someone that knows the industry and it's processes very well and get them involved from the outset as a manager/foreman/planning consultant. Good luck with it!
"It may be that when we no longer know which way to go that we have come to our real journey. The mind that is not baffled is not employed. The impeded stream is the one that sings."
― Wendell Berry

Gearbox

You are going to produce a lot of bark, sawdust and chips .Start looking for markets for that . That waste at a few $ per ton may be a large part of your profit as well as not dealing with the waste . Permitting may make you have a plan for that.
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

DDW_OR

this is where i got my TK-2000
http://www.idahoforest.com//
here is some photos i took of their showroom.
some are used to make a regular house look like it has log features.
others are hollow to allow electric or air ducts.

"let the machines do the work"

Thank You Sponsors!