iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Been Fishing??

Started by Magicman, April 23, 2016, 08:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Nice largemouth and a big smile.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Nice bass.

David, you can fish and deer hunt at the same time.  Kill two birds with one stone (old saying). 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WmFritz

Quote from: WDH on April 25, 2016, 07:20:13 AM
Nice bass.

David, you can fish and deer hunt at the same time.  Kill two birds with one stone (old saying).
I'm worried there's a goat hunter in that blind and he's a 'sitting duck' (old sayin).  fudd-smiley
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

Quote from: WDH on April 25, 2016, 07:20:13 AMDavid, you can fish and deer beer hunt at the same time.  Kill two birds Bud's with one stone.
I am sorry, I completely misread that statement.  My apology.  :)   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

JustGreg

One from our pond a couple of weeks ago.
Woodland Mills HM126

Kwill

A couple weeks ago. Limited out. These were both around 12 inches
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Kwill

Nicest one this spring

Same fish
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

tule peak timber

Well,,,,Not my fish , but I couldn't pass this up  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D :D :D :D WHAT A FISH GI JOE!  :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

BBBBBBBBBuuuuurrrrrrpppp.   Ahhhh, and there is just enough for tomorrow night.   food3

elk42

Well it is catfish time 22 the largest 26# and 17# 14# 12# the last 5 days.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

kiko

Supper tonight,  blackened and fried bass ( one of which is in the earlier pictures)and cheese grits.  I can hardly move now.  I use corn meal mix with salt pepper and onion powder and fry them up hard.  The blackened seasoning is store bought.  The big bass are the best eating to me, however I try not to keep multiple big females from the same pond. Don't know if it matters not.  Kwill ,  those will make some nice fillets!!

timberking

Got back last week from 7 days rough camping on Lake Ouachita.  This was the 39th year starting with same guys back in forestry school.  Ran trotlines, bass fishing, and caught a couple of stripers on top water.  Outstanding food and fellowship.  Ready for next year.

DelawhereJoe

You guys should try ultra-lite fishing for carp, 4lb line and a 24"+ carp, now thats fun.....just make sure you don't get spooled.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

doctorb

Those are some nice bass in those pics.  I've been out 4 times and done fairly well.  Largest is 4 pounds, which is not as big as that youngster is holding!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Its the time of the year when Doc comes around.  :D
Hope you get a boat full and show us some pics.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

caveman

I was supposed to go bass fishing with an ag teacher friend of mine yesterday morning but he canceled in order to go with his son to purchase a boat (for the son-every boy should have a boat).

Instead, JMoore came over and he helped me install the T-top, center console, leaning post and sole plate back in my boat.  Several years ago when my uncle owned this boat, the shop that replaced the fuel tank did a substandard job of replacing the sole plate.  They bridged the gap between the stringers and the sole plate with three strips of plywood attached with steel screws.  The screws rusted and with the weight of fat fishermen and a 30 gallon livewell bouncing on the sole plate mounting system was compromised.  I installed 1/4" aluminum angle and we used 3m 4200 caulk to mount everything back in place.  We are going to re-plumb the livewell and add some gelcoat to the patched holes.

Hope to be catching snapper and grouper again soon.
Caveman

Caveman

tule peak timber

Mooseherder

Granddaughter setting up on a Bass at an event for kids.

tule peak timber

Magicman

Those memories will last a lifetime.   :)

kiko

Full moon shellcrackers !!!

Wudman

I like to slide out as much as possible.  Here are a few good trips over the last few years:

This was my next door neighbor from a trip back in the winter.  That little cat tipped the scales at 62 pounds.  Can you see a smile? 

This was a tuna trip out of Oregon Inlet, NC.  That hauled dressed 684 pounds of tuna steaks (The crews cut is still in the box).  We had fish on within two minutes of dropping lines and were limited out and back on the dock before noon.  That was a tuna trip of a lifetime.

This is a little striper caught during the spring (landlocked) run on the Stanton (Roanoke) River in Central Virginia.  The fish are plentiful, but don't get very big these days.  However, any day on the water is a good day.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

tule peak timber

Yahoo,,,Terrific pics.  Rob 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!