iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Picked up new mill

Started by Mt406, April 16, 2016, 09:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mt406

Picked up mill on Wed

8)

Dealer said 2Pm would work he would have enough time to train me on the mill.
My wife want to come to and had work training in Great Falls so she would follow me there.
Wed. 8 AM dealer call and asked how bad do I want my mill. Because its snowing side ways.
So the plan was to talk at 11 to see how the weather was, if it cleared by 2 we could get in the training.
The weather cleared  I was there at 5 to 2 after the paper work  got 4 hrs of training  (Thanks Montana woodmizer)
My wife was out there the whole time. When we were done the dealer told my wife she was one of the tuffer wifes most are back in the truck in 10 mins.
When I asked what she though she said its cool and I like the color.
I get home late my mind is trying to remember all the training and looking forward to morning to cut some wood.
630 AM snowing side ways  I am sure I was quit the site looking out the window at the snow on my new mill.
1130 the sun came out, ran out and set up the mill  and made two 6x6. I could see the next storm cell coming so button it up. and went back in side.
Fri rain and snow and today I have to haul some logs for my next job. Leaving in the morning on family business wont be home for a week hope I don't forget the training
I guess I am part of team orange now.
I am sure I will have qustions

Thanks in advance this is a good forum, good people

Its a LT 35 Hyd     

123maxbars

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

terrifictimbersllc

Congratulations, can feel your excitement.   Don't worry about the snow, your mill saws sideways too!  :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

Congratulations!!!  I am proud to welcome you into the Orange family.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Congrats on the new mill. Sounds like the same one I have and I love mine.

The dealer delivered mine and we had a foot or so of snow on the ground and had warmed up to 5 degrees by the time he got here in January last year. The lube tank was a solid block of ice even with antifreeze in it. Oil was thick and hard to crank. Backfired and blew the spark arrestor 50' into the snow but we found it later.

Don't work about all the training. It will come back when you saw into the side clamp that he said don't do that and the first time you notice nothing coming out the sawdust chute you will open the cover and find a feed sack full of sawdust in there and remember he said clean out the fingers often.

Hope the weather improves so you can get out there and use it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WellandportRob

Congratulations on the new mill.  I'm very envious.
2016 Wood-Mizer LT40HG 35 , Alaskan MKIII 60", Chev Duramax, Anderson logging trailer. Lucas DSM 23-19.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!