iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cooks guides

Started by onorato, April 06, 2016, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onorato

I know there is already a topic about this but that was for a woodmizer. Any way any one have any pointer about setting up these guides , i am switching my mill from sandwich guides to these. From what i gather it should push down about 1/4"on the blade .what about the back of the roller? Also should i set the in feed first ? Should i measure blade parallel with rails and set to that? Maybe use a dimensional  8x8 or something? 

ladylake

I've found Cooks recommendations work the best , 1/4"  down pressure with the flange 1/4 behind the back of the blade. Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

onorato

Thanks that's where i will start. First i need to modify my movable guide are because as it is now it is not square with the blade and when you move it closer to the cant in drops about 1/2"! Nice workmanship.

Thank You Sponsors!