iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kubota injection pump problem

Started by mjeselskis, April 05, 2016, 09:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjeselskis

Hoping for some advice on a Kubota D1105E 25hp diesel that I am working on. It is used and I've heard it run before we pulled it to put it in our firewood processor. Now we're trying to get it started after it's been sitting in the garage for a little over a year. I cracked all three injection lines at the injector, and cranked it over but only get fuel from one cylinder. I took off all three lines and there is no fuel coming from the other two cylinders lines. There is a 12v pump providing fuel to the injection pump, and I'm getting a steady flow of fuel out of the return line to the tank so I know there is fuel getting to the injection pump. It tries to run on one cylinder, but the other two aren't doing anything.

Thoughts?
2006 WM LT28  1993 John Deere 5300
Husqvarna 562XP & 365 X-Torq

starmac

I don't know anything about the kubota, but what kind of fuel cutoff does it have, and are you sure it is open?
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

mjeselskis

It has a solenoid on the end of the injection pump for a fuel shutoff. I can hear it click off when I remove 12v from it, and I'm getting fuel to one cylinder, which made me think the solenoid is working. Maybe it's only partially working?

starmac

If it is like the one on some of the 5.9 cummings, it will let it get some fuel but not enough. Just pull the solenoil off and see if she pops off. One of them drove me nuts for a couple of days, it was getting fuel on all six and I would have thought it was plenty, but when I finally pulled the solenoid it busted right off.

gww

Check all fuel hoses for a tiny air leak.  On my cummings I replaced two pumps before replacing a hose that I could find no hole in and it runs perfectly now.
gww

mjeselskis

Quote from: starmac on April 06, 2016, 11:31:54 AM
If it is like the one on some of the 5.9 cummings, it will let it get some fuel but not enough. Just pull the solenoil off and see if she pops off. One of them drove me nuts for a couple of days, it was getting fuel on all six and I would have thought it was plenty, but when I finally pulled the solenoid it busted right off.

Starmac,
You nailed it. The solenoid was the problem. I pulled it off tonight and it fired right up.

Nice to know that i don't have to rebuild the injection pump...

Thanks again

starmac

Glad it worked for you, I just knew it was a possibility as I have run into it twice. The first time it drove me nuts, it was on a first gen dodge pickup and it would pump fuel up and hit theopen hood when I cracked the injector lines, so I thought it was getting plenty of fuel.

Thank You Sponsors!