You seniors, listen up...........

2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Brucer

Back in 1998, our city's new (and young) recreation director made her first annual report to city council. She had done an impressive job ... new activities, new venues, greatly increased enrollment. There was only one sore point.

"We've more than doubled the number of programs for seniors," she said, "but our enrollment hasn't increased at all in that category. I just don't understand what we're doing wrong."

The mayor leaned back in his chair and drawled, "Well, Amber, the problem is that there's a whole bunch of people in this city in their 80's and 90's who think senior programs are for people who are old."

;D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

At least that makes me feel better about busting my butt with a sawmill.  We can do what we do because I do.   smiley_old_guy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on April 04, 2016, 10:11:15 PM
At least that makes me feel better about busting my butt with a sawmill.  We can do what we do because I do.   smiley_old_guy

But is hard to do do.  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Magicman

PatD asked my a couple of years ago "what we were going to do when I could not saw anymore"?  My answer was something like " a whole lot less than we do now".  In the meantime, I'll just keep on doing.   sail_smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

sawguy21

One of my primary school teachers now in her 90's keeps busy teaching the old folks how to dance. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

bates

r.man

A friend in her 80s got asked what she did to keep busy and she said " I take care of an old lady down the road. "
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

wesdor

AMEN. Thanks for the reminder. Growing old is often a state of mind. I thank the Lord everyday for my good health, family, and friends. 

r.man

Wesdor you are so right. A neighbour of my MIL who was in his 80s and still rode a bike and skied was talking about golfing with a woman friend who was 100. When asked how the woman got to the rural golf course he informed my MIL that the woman in question had just leased a new car. Attitude, expectations and hope.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

petefrom bearswamp

Heading north next Tuesday.
This old feller cant wait to get the mill hummin and work off the table muscles I have gained here in FL
Told my wife I would stop milling when I hit 75, now revised to 80.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Have a safe trip home and keep milling my friend.   smiley_thumbsup

Chuck White

Pete, have a safe trip home!

Before you crank up the mill, check for mice!   :P

Hope to see you when you come to camp.

I'm scheduled to saw for Gary again this year!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

yes have a safe trip and watch the snow banks when you get close to home  :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!