iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Amazon Firewood Machine

Started by Corley5, April 04, 2016, 03:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

GAB

W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

John Mc

How can they make a processor that costs little more than a high end splitter?

I'd love to see one in action, and get an idea of what kind of production rate you can get off of it with a 1 person crew.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ivan49

They are on E bay for half that price

John Mc

No reviews on Amazon, Sears, or eBay. DanG little information about it other than 12" max diameter logs and "40 ton splitting force" (if they are like most other splitter manufacturers, the splitting force spec is just about meaningless).

Would like to see info about cylinder size, pump size, splitter cycle time. Maybe some info on production rates. I realize this isn't a production workhorse, but a bit more info would be helpful.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Ivan49

Quote from: John Mc on April 05, 2016, 08:51:03 AM
No reviews on Amazon, Sears, or eBay. DanG little information about it other than 12" max diameter logs and "40 ton splitting force" (if they are like most other splitter manufacturers, the splitting force spec is just about meaningless).

Would like to see info about cylinder size, pump size, splitter cycle time. Maybe some info on production rates. I realize this isn't a production workhorse, but a bit more info would be helpful.

I searched also and came up empty handed. The wheels look like lawn mower wheel so I would be afraid to haul it on the road

Weekend_Sawyer

12" max diameter means I'd have to split wood before I put it on the processor.  ::)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

OneWithWood

Doesn't look like you could put any length of a log on it and the cutting bar is controlled by hand.  I think I will continue to cut 12' logs of any diameter on my bench, roll the rounds onto the roller table and down to my TW-5 splitter.  I stack on pallets so the conveyor is not of much use.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Ivan49

I am to old for any wood larger than that anymore. The engine that is on it I think is the same one that the Amish south of me used. When we went in to the store there a couple years ago they had maybe 30 of them in boxed out front for 35.00 a piece. Sign said for parts use. That may be a sign of the quality of the engine. The rest of the parts on the unit would not be to hard to find if they were off the shelf parts

Ivan49

Quote from: OneWithWood on April 05, 2016, 10:06:17 AM
Doesn't look like you could put any length of a log on it and the cutting bar is controlled by hand.  I think I will continue to cut 12' logs of any diameter on my bench, roll the rounds onto the roller table and down to my TW-5 splitter.  I stack on pallets so the conveyor is not of much use.
On one of the pictures I found on the web it showed the bar length of 16 inches and I think the wedge was 14 high and 8 wide

John Mc

I wonder about the Loncin Engine. I've heard Loncin also makes the Predator engines which are on a lot of Harbor Freight equipment these days. Some folks are very happy with the Predators, some not so happy

Holmes

That firewood machine is probably as good as the tractor supply Super Splitter knock off they had. The teeth would break off the gears.
Think like a farmer.

John Mc

Yep, that TSC flywheel splitter was JUNK. Fortunately, they had the sense to pull it off the market before it was out there too long.

firefighter

I looked at the Sears on and it is different than the Amazon one ,but Sears is green .

SwampDonkey

Quote from: firefighter on April 06, 2016, 08:05:37 PM
I looked at the Sears on and it is different than the Amazon one ,but Sears is green .

Shows up as the exact same machine, and yellow on my screen.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roger2561

Due to degenerative disk disease I may have to hang up my chainsaw sooner rather than later.  I think something like this may be best suited for the homeowner where speed isn't an issue and who only puts up 10 to 12 cord per year as opposed to production where the cord count may very well be in the 100's per year.  Roger
Roger

thecfarm

It said wedge is replaceable?? I have a wood splitter and never replaced it. Never even thought about it and I split alot of wood with it in the 15 years that I have owned it.
Looks real light and even to split just 10 cord a year. Probably would start to wear after the first 5 cord.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

John Mc

Quote from: Roger2561 on April 07, 2016, 06:26:07 AM
I think something like this may be best suited for the homeowner where speed isn't an issue and who only puts up 10 to 12 cord per year as opposed to production where the cord count may very well be in the 100's per year.  Roger

Agreed. There's a reason the high end firewood processors cost that much. You are not going to get the production of a $40,000 machine out of one costing $5,000.

thecfarm

Not trying to beat a dead horse,but someone on another post said,logs weight just as much for a small time guy as they do for a big time guy. Takes just as much force to saw and split a log no matter what. I'm not concerned about splitting a piece of wood in 1.65 seconds. But am concerned about it splitting it 10,000 times,without me having to rebuild or reweld something.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Weekend_Sawyer

Quote from: thecfarm on April 07, 2016, 09:01:07 AM
But am concerned about it splitting it 10,000 times,without me having to rebuild or reweld something.

Yep, wrench time vs seat time.

DeerMeadowFarm

I added it to the cart just to hear my wife's reaction. She's always on Amazon...  ;)

Weekend_Sawyer

Banjo picker

Maybe she will buy it for you and then we can get a realistic review.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Weekend_Sawyer

... and that was the last we ever heard from ol Deermeadowfarm...

Thank You Sponsors!