iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Snow

Started by Tam-i-am, April 03, 2016, 02:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

I love a spring snow.  It is so pretty and doesn't usually last long.  I'm certain all the beautiful snow pictures are taken during the spring when the snow just sticks to everything.  First I plan to show you how pretty it is.

(This is my new spring project that I was going to post on another thread.)

But as beautiful as it is it is heavy and bends the trees right over.

Or totally knocks them over.

This one actually hit the power lines and twisted them together.  I tried to mark it so you could see.

So it was Junior to the rescue and a phone call to the power company.

So here is a pic of my Rhododendron that would have blossomed with another warm day.  don't know what it will do now.

And what about these poor frog eggs.  What will become of them?

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Tam-i-am

Sorry this is what we woke up to this morning.  This is not typical for us at this time of year.  By now we are usually done with snow.  My lilies and irises are up.  my daffodils are in bloom.  Which is a little early for us.  This whole year has been crazy!  The winter was warm and mild and very little snow.  Now it's spring and I wake up to this.  I think we are getting more tonight and again tomorrow.  It is colder than normal.

this pic is interesting because you can see the storm clouds in the back but the sun was shining on the trees.

Magicman

You labeled it correctly Tammy.  Beautiful.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Nice pic Tam!

Thanks for posting!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sprucebunny

Thanks for the pictures. It is pretty.

Spring is not as sprung as flowers, here but a few red maples are ready to burst out.  I'm glad the snow missed us. Wish the wind would stop.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

starmac

We got about 3 inches last night, it gave everything that has been thawing out a fresh look. While it is beautifull, it has gotten to warm to work, so I would just as soon it went away and dried out. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

ozarkgem

The snow is pretty.  At your place, not mine. :)
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Tam-i-am

Snow all day today and it was not pretty it was like February, dark, overcast and cold.

I'm not sure whose weather we are having but they can have it back.   

coxy

Tamiam maybe we should look in to building a wall to keep out the snow and let the snow people pay for it  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

4x4American

Same here, it snew all day and was in the late teens/early twenties.  We got ~4" of powdery snow
Boy, back in my day..

Corley5

We picked up 8" yesterday and today was a sunny cold 28 degrees.  Single digits are possible tonight with another storm starting late tomorrow that may bring another 4-8" and reinforce the cold.  Highs not getting above freezing until maybe Sunday but it could all change for the better I hope  ;) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Brucer

Apparently the Polar Vortex has once again decided to head south. It must have heard how nice it is in Florida at this time of year and is trying to get there :D :D.

Reports by relatives in the Toronto area say it snowed most of the weekend. Torontonians are not pleased.

"Spring is sprung, the grass is ris,
So tell me what that white stuff is."

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

r.man

That is a change between us and Toronto, normally we get buried and they get rain. We got a skiff but it is gone now. Nice couple of days but colder than it has been.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

timberlinetree

Those are nice pics. Thanks for posting,but not looking forward to working in it!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

coxy

we got about 5-6in of the junk      but cant wait ill be in the shop for 4-5 days at a nice 70

Tam-i-am

We broke a record yesterday.  Coldest day on record.  Was 16 this morning.  But the sun is out today.  Saw deer prints in the fresh snow.

Ron Scott

A snowy weekend in May.

~Ron

Roxie

Say when

sandhills

Those are great shots but please feel free to keep the snow up there  ;), right now the only snow we're getting is in the form of cotton and it's aggravating enough, gonna need a leaf blower to clean my shop out  :D.

4x4American

Man I could go for some snow.  It's been in the 80s around here, which isn't that hot, but, there was no in between to season myself for the change.  It just went from 40 degree nights to a few 60 degree days (and that was hot) and then all of a sudden boom upper 80s I miss the winter lol
Boy, back in my day..

Ron Scott

Another location; 1//2 mile away.

~Ron

thecfarm

Nice pictures of the deer and the snow.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Quote from: thecfarm on May 29, 2016, 09:12:37 PM
Nice pictures of the deer and the snow.
must be your getting to much sun up there if you think that's a nice pic of snow  dadgum you, Charlie! dadgum you, Charlie! :D :D

thecfarm

Sorry coxy. I said nice pictures. Pictures are one thing,on my front lawn it would not be so pretty.  >:(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!