iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good Neighbor Authority

Started by Gary_C, March 20, 2016, 12:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

U.S. Forest Service and Department of Natural resources to utilize GOOD NEIGHBOR AUTHORITY to restore forest and watershed health in Minnesota

It sounds good on paper. According to the press release this has already been done in WI and MI. Anyone have any experience with this in other areas?

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

chevytaHOE5674

It may have been approved in Michigan but just last week was talking with the USFS forester and our MiDNR forester and neither of them had heard anything about it other than what was in the press release. According to both of them it was still business as usual.

Many of us hope that it will mean that harvesting USFS timber will be easier like it is on state land. The state has much less bureaucratic hoops to jump through to get timber harvested, which is a real shame as the forest service has some very nice wood with good road structures in place.

CJennings

I do know a bit about this from my time in the UP. Some things I know about it and heard about it around the office I probably shouldn't say much about but I can say this (and this is not the forest service speaking but just myself): all the same standards and rules that apply to USFS timber sales currently will still apply. It will not make any changes on that. What it does is allow state agencies and their employees to be involved in the timber sale, basically doing the job(s) the federal employees would otherwise be doing at various stages of the process. It's not without controversy for a variety of reasons. And that's all I'll say about that aspect of it.

Thank You Sponsors!