iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wind

Started by Autocar, April 02, 2016, 02:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Seems like the last number of years the wind blows hard for days here in western ohio. Any body else notice it where your located.
Bill

Cedarman

Does the wind blow in western Ohio, because central Ohio sucks. :D :D I couldn't resist.
Being a Purdue fan, I hope you understand.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

curdog

We usually have a breeze during the spring,  then summer hits and the wind shuts down and the humidity goes up. So no complaints on the wind from me.

chevytaHOE5674

Living less than 1/2miles from the largest body of freshwater on the planet there is always wind coming off the lake. Somedays it is stronger than others but its almost always present.

IndianaJoe

Chuck White

Seems like the wind hasn't stopped blowing in, like forever!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandhills

I'll second what Chuck said, and of coarse our last snow storm had to have 50 mph gusts with it  ::)

Autocar

Curdog dose the wind blow much in your area in the winter ? Been thinking about relocating in the winter but don't want to jump out of the skillet into the fire. Yesturday we had gust up to 55 mile per hour todays much better but there calling for another Alberta clipper this evening so more then likely it will bring wind with the low pressure. Chevy your pretty country makes up for the breeze  ;D   Here its flat farm ground and it reaily blows some days.
Bill

thecfarm

Wind has been busy here the last few weeks. Does help to dry things up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

When Jeff was here during the 1st week in January, we had a constant and very unusual North wind.  Hunting my place with a North wind is next to impossible.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

curdog

Quote from: Autocar on April 03, 2016, 12:51:21 PM
Curdog dose the wind blow much in your area in the winter ? Been thinking about relocating in the winter but don't want to jump out of the skillet into the fire. Yesturday we had gust up to 55 mile per hour todays much better but there calling for another Alberta clipper this evening so more then likely it will bring wind with the low pressure. Chevy your pretty country makes up for the breeze  ;D   Here its flat farm ground and it reaily blows some days.
Not too bad, the higher mountains get quite a bit of winds on the higher peaks, and the coast has a steady breeze, but to get gust around 55 mph, it will have to be a thunderstorm or hurricane. We may get gust in the 20-30 mph range, but that is just occasionally.  Yesterday we had winds sustained around 15-20 with a few higher gust, but it was mid 60's. The winter in the carolina's is pretty mild. One or two snows that give us an inch or two, shuts the world down and then melts off in usually less than a day.

Thank You Sponsors!