iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jd 3305 winch pinion brakedown

Started by marinsisovic, April 02, 2016, 08:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marinsisovic

hello friends I'm from central Europe small state Croatia. Recently I bought a jd 440 b from France in very bad condition totally ruined. I repaired few things just to get it in work but after a quick view if there is any oil in winch I realized that pinion is totally worn out. winch is turning without any noise or similar damaging sound but i suppose that it first hard pulling will go bad and make even bigger damage inside. I took a look at internet and send a info question to J-K Equipment but they dont answer. so now I need your help to recommend me someone who can help me or if some one of you forum members will sell me a used one it will be great. I prefer good used original pinion and crown . thank you very very much in advance  and greetings from Croatia

grassfed

jdparts.com lists the ring and pinion as a matched set with the part number AT124357.  This part is available new as an aftermarket part from http://www.reliableaftermarketparts.com/atl/default.aspx  They say they ship world wide and they have the part listed on ebay right now. You have to buy the ring and pinion as a set as far as I know. The price on ebay is $584.99 US.   
Mike

marinsisovic

ok thanks. I'm a bit doubtful for ebay parts for this money. I really don't want to check how much is a new original part but as I said i will be the most satisfied with good used original. I had some experience with pinion and ring in the past and all of this non original parts lasts just a small time after warranty expires. I know that in US there is alot deere skidders running and not running so if I'm lucky I'll find  something for less money. another problem is ebay shipping standing over 200$ for my country for pinion and ring  so this is last option.

kiko

Check and see if there is a number stamped on the end of the pinion where the nut goes and check back. 

marinsisovic

I removed cover plate usually there is stamped ratio number but this one have nothing there. I noticed that on crown is written number 29 and close to that is stamped number 3 I dont know what does it means. I counted number of teeth and it's 8 pinion vs 47 Crown if this can help. thanks

Thank You Sponsors!