iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

28000 series Clark 4spd powershift

Started by Jws_78, March 28, 2016, 10:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jws_78

What would it cost to rebuild or buy a rebuilt Clark 28000 series 4spd in a Timberjack 450?

kiko

With transmission removed,  5 to 12k.  An accurate price can only be established after the transmission has been disassembled and inspected.  Labor would basically remain constant the variable will be how many parts are needed.  These transmissions will wear the clutch drums where the metal piston seal rides and if that damage is present replacing the drum is the only option.  Also torque converter part are pricey.  And the trans pump always needs to be replaced when doing a rebuild as it is the life of the transmission.

Jws_78

Jws_78

I was looking at the skidder, owner said it pulled good and all of a sudden it wouldn't move, he changed the oil and cleaned the screen and he said it moved again. Any thoughts on what may have caused that, or could something else be wrong instead of the transmission going out?

xalexjx

could be a prime pump issue, theres also a filter for the transsmission, is it leaking anything externcally? I had mine done in my 450c last spring (just needed to be re-sealed) the orings between the housing for 1st gear was leaking. had about 3k into having the whole transmission pulled and re sealed. 
Logging and Processed Firewood

David-L

Not real experienced but looks like my 28000 has a charge pump I can see from in the cab, could that be your problem?
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

kiko

David-L ,  for no particular reason I refer to it as the transmission pump. It is located 12 o'clock on the convertor housing.  The trans pressure regulator is in-between the trans pump and torque housing. If was losing prime that should show on the pressure gauge.  It should be operated at load conditions in order to determine if it has transmission issues.  They will show up when it gets hot.   

Thank You Sponsors!