iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

JET - Snatch Block - par buckle weight?

Started by OffGrid973, March 26, 2016, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OffGrid973

Met an old timer today who had a trailer out front that I was thinking of making into a log arch.

First job on a steep hill at brother in laws house so also mentioned I need snatch block to pull trees about 150 feet to level ground.  You guys have any idea what type of weight i should try pulling with this gem?  Picked it up for $100 bucks, not sure if it was a good deal or not.

Let me know your thoughts good or bad.

Thanks,
-Chris

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

OffGrid973

Cleaned up nice and I found some HHH branding, not sure if that helps identify how much pulling power this gem has. 

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

elk42

Cwimer973
  It looks to be a 6" sheave for 5/8 or 3/4 cable if so it should be about 8 ton block.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

OffGrid973

Thank you, that is what I was hoping for.

Appreciate the feedback
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

sealark37

If the sheave bearings are in usable condition, it will hold bore than the cable it is designed to fit.  Regards, Clark

Onthesauk

I found a small one like that from a garage sale.  Cleaned it up, oiled it up and used it for a dozen years with nylon rope on my ATV and tractor to pull logs out of the woods.  Handy to attach at any point.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Thank You Sponsors!