iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hudson band mill

Started by mfoll, March 26, 2016, 12:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfoll

I purchased a Hudson portable sawmill a few years ago and never even started it up until I recently retired this year. Letting it sit that long of course wasn't good for it and now I am in the process of getting it back in like new condition.  I am having several electrical problems because of condensation on switches and relay contacts. I kept it in a barn and or covered so it didn't sit in the elements.  I have been able to get through most of them, but I am still having a difficult time figuring out the entire wiring scheme of the builder.  I contacted the factory, in fact went to the factory and they walked me through the process but that was some time ago, and to make matters worse they do not provide a wiring diagram or schematic for these saws! They have one on line but for only operating the blade position.

I am in the process of making a schematic for the model I have, its the larger 36" hydraulic model.  This is however a slow going process working by myself (its hard to hold two meter leads 15 feet apart by yourself).  So the question is; has anyone generated a complete schematic for these saws like I am trying to do now?  It would get me up and running a bit faster if they would share that information with me.  I have not found anything like this anywhere on the internet.  If I do not find any help I will someday soon have the compiled diagram and will post a link to it for other confused owners to have.

Best regards a new member.

Just to follow up on this project; The Hud-Son factory representative called me direct.  I actually am a friend of his brother.  The owner saw my post on this forum and insisted he get in touch with me to help me out with anything I needed.  They are a great company to work with.  Anyway, between them and me the saw is working like new again!  I will follow up with the finished wiring diagrams, pictures and details on what and how I reworked some of the controls hoping it may help out someone in the future.

Another thing, as I worked getting this saw back in shape I was very impressed with the workmanship and quality of the design that went into building it.  In my opinion this has to be one of the better build mills on the market!

mfoll

Kbeitz

You wouldn't be the guy I talked to a few day ago in Millville Pa ?
If you are I might be able to help you out. I've worked with electric for many years...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

mfoll

No that wasn't me.  But thanks anyway.  I have reworked all the controls and have it working like new again!  Thanks.
By the way Hud-Son called me to help out with anything I needed.  They are a very good company to deal with!

Thanks

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, mfoll.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

mfoll,welcome to the forum. What are you going to use the lumber for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!