iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3 acres of red oaks

Started by bucknwfl, March 24, 2016, 10:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucknwfl

A guy is clearing 3 acres of oaks and is giving away all the logs. My question is, do I seal the logs and let them sit or cut into large cants and keep them off the ground I don't have a place to store the wood out of the weather

Thanks

Buck
If it was easy everybody would be doing it

fishfighter

Seal the ends and store them off the ground. I wouldn't saw into cants due to checking. Oak loves to do that when stored out in the weather.

WV Sawmiller

Buck,

My thoughts on that are that it is like chicken soup - it can't hurt and it might help. I got my first 5 gallon of anchorseal a few weeks back and been sealing everything on site. If the wife doesn't calm down I think I may slap a coat on her. Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

78NHTFY

WVSawmiller:  Oh thanks a lot--coffee all over the screen, half chocked to death with laughter.......  Don't know why but that just hit me hard as too funny. :D :D.  And good luck to you with your wife. :).  All the best, Rob. 
If you have time, you win....

Percy

Quote from: 78NHTFY on March 25, 2016, 10:50:35 AM
WVSawmiller:  Oh thanks a lot--coffee all over the screen, half chocked to death with laughter.......  Don't know why but that just hit me hard as too funny. :D :D.  And good luck to you with your wife. :).  All the best, Rob. 
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 25, 2016, 09:02:19 AM
Buck,

My thoughts on that are that it is like chicken soup - it can't hurt and it might help. I got my first 5 gallon of anchorseal a few weeks back and been sealing everything on site. If the wife doesn't calm down I think I may slap a coat on her. Good luck.
I was "more than chuckling" as well....If she is anything like my wife, that coat you are speakin of better be a fur one.... smiley_heh_heh smiley_heh_heh
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Andries

Got some of my drink on the screen with that one too!
Tooooooo funny!
. . . . might have to try that . . . . maybe.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!