iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spitfire in WW II

Started by pappy19, March 23, 2016, 06:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

A buddy of mine sent me this and I thought I would share it.

Pap

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ie3SrjLlcUY
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

ellmoe

Thanks, that's great. I'll forward it to my Dad and brother, both retired military pilots.
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

petefrom bearswamp

Dang! He is the type of guy that fought to give us the great life we enjoy today.
what a genuine hero.
Im going to watch it again.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WV Sawmiller

Thx for sharing. Great video.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

lowpolyjoe

slider

al glenn

Brian_Weekley

Fabulous.  What a delightful, humble, brave man.
e aho laula

Andries

second that opinion!
Forwarded it on to my SIL, pilot in the RCAF.
Thanks for the post.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

brianb88

I really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing.
Measure twice, cut once

pine

Thanks for the link. 
Watched  that film several years ago and it is nice to have a link that I can find again.

Flew recon out of the UK during the period of the Cold War many years after WWII.

The unarmed recce pilots motto: Unarmed Alone and Unafraid.

It was often restated as Unarmed Alone and Scared ****less (fecal matter less)

r.man

Thanks for the link Pappy, a friend of mine would have liked that, he was a pilot trainer in the Canadian forces WWII and he was known as Pappy as well, probably due to his age around the young pilots.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Magicman

Wow, I too had watched that several years ago, but thanks for the "rerun".  Very enjoyable.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

Quote from: pine on March 28, 2016, 01:27:14 PM
Thanks for the link. 
Watched  that film several years ago and it is nice to have a link that I can find again.

Flew recon out of the UK during the period of the Cold War many years after WWII.

The unarmed recce pilots motto: Unarmed Alone and Unafraid.

It was often restated as Unarmed Alone and Scared ****less (fecal matter less)
Unarmed..you had a few defensive weapons...speed, altitude. and deception.. Alone, yeah, but you can bet you were being watched...scared...crazy if you weren't...Me and my buddies told you where to fly...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!