iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hahn processor

Started by furltech, March 23, 2016, 04:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

furltech

Couldnt find a decent loader truck in my price range .Found an old hahn harvester to work the landing .dont know much about it seems to run good and i was suprised at the shape it was in .

Logger RK

I have a older one,and my Son also has one. His is a little newer then mine.We think they work pretty good. Not sure what model you have,but both of are's delimb & cut to length. If we're doing logs they have a Hyd saw. And if only pulp we use the shear. I'll feed my other Sons chipper with mine when we chip. We also have a 48 inch slasher table my Son will hook up to his Hahn if the tree's aren't to limby. We are planning on getting a bigger slasher shortly to go with my Sons stroke delimber. But the way the markets are the Hahn's do plenty of production. And the biggest thing is there paid for 8)

furltech

I am not sure what model it is has bar saw and a shear it cuts to lenghth and has delimber .doesnt look like much can go wrong with it i expect there is a learning curve figuring out what lever does what

Logger RK

If it's the little newer style,like my Son's. It'll have a 12volt shut off for the delimbing carriage. Very dangerous if your not careful with it. If & when u work on the underneath of carrage or near the shear blade. Make sure the motor is  shut off. With it running & the carrage lever is engaged a magnet holds the spool in till it hits the limit switch,or the lever is put back to center. A few years back the worst of what could've happened did with 2 Brothers. One was standing on the ground,up in the open area by the shear blade where the carrage goes,his young child was in the cab with it running. The carrage lever was accidental hit. Other Brother watching had no time to do anything. Also if you dont have a heavy duty screen over your bunk side window,it's advisable to get one. When my Son bought his he didn't have it. Till about a 10-15 inch log somehow hit the kick table & flipped up & hit the cab about a foot from where the operator sits. Putting a good dent in the cab. My Son had told me it had happened once before. I happen to be watching when it put the dent in the cab. It didn't run again till we got the safety guard for it. Hahn in Two Harbors Minn had one. Money well invested. Good machines,but I figured I give u a few things to watch out for

kderby

I have a 1988 Hahn processor.  47,950 pounds when it left the auction yard.  The boom works to move logs in my yard.  The slasher and de-limber are in place but not used.  Bought in 2015 and it runs like a top!

Kderby

furltech

i didnt have time to go over it with a fine tooth comb .what lubricates the saw chain .and no worrys about working on it when it is running i wont work on anything while it is running still got ten fingers wanna keep them all or worse

gump

If that was the one on Kijiji this week and it runs, you got a great deal. Congrats and good luck with it.

furltech

It was the one on kijiji and i think i did get a good deal he dropped his price some and he seemed pretty honest he actually never ran it himself .I have done some portering down your way in a place called petpeswick right after juan .i am sure it will have some bugs but it looks simple enough to repair and there has always been lots of help on the forum so we shall see .

Logger RK

My Sons Hahn I believe is a smaller model. I believe it's a 110 b or c maybe Roadside Pulper. We had all the info on it but can't seem to find it now. But if anyone is familiar with this machine & the 12volt valve spool for the carrage it would be helpful,if there's a place that still sells the 12v magnets? Hahn says there no longer available. But Case has a 24volt that fits.Which we did have to put one on,but we have to run 24volt just for that one. I do have a part number for the magnet,#715109-2. But that's probly a Hahn number. I do know that the same Hyd valve was put on some Hydro Ax's with a brush cutter. Any advise on were to get them would be appreciated

furltech

Does anyone know what the chain is lubricated by i couldnt find a chain oil tank on it anywhere .It should be here sometime next week once i coordinate the floats and previous owners

Logger RK

If it's the same as my Sons,it should be about a gallon clear plastic container mounted above the saw near the valve banks there. A Hyd line runs from the saw to a pump on the bottom of that container. A picture of yours would help. I'd put a picture of are's on here,but haven't figured it out yet from a I Phone.

furltech

As soon as i get it home i will get some pictures so someone can tell me what i bought and any tips or advice will be welcome .I could find no numbers or markings on it anywhere

furltech

didnt get pictures yet but got the beast home and got three trees through it before i blew a hose .i think there is potential  there .

Logger RK

Do you know what motor it has in it?

furltech

she has a 353 in her got almost a cord through before i blew a cylinder today .i suspect it is going to be like this for a couple of weeks it sat for almost 3 years before i bought it so thinks are sticky and dried out .

furltech

i got some pictures but my internet is acting like a jerk and it keeps timing out i will try again later

Thank You Sponsors!