iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Things are bad!!Update.. Mother in law passed away this morning.

Started by Woodhauler, March 17, 2016, 10:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

My wifes mother has several severe health problems, She has tried 2 times to end her life. Both times in the last month or two. Second time was a couple days ago and she is in I.C.U now. wife is on her way now to make the call if they put her on dyalist because her kidneys are shutting down. She has alzyimers and other issues. She has a do not resesitate order on her self and wife is power of attorney for her. She is in her mid 80s. last time she tried it they got her straightened out and a home nurse has been seeing her several times aweek. She must have got hold of more pills or something. I  will be heading in to be with family .
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Weekend_Sawyer

Good luck Woodhauler. My thoughts are with you.
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sandhills

Sorry to hear that, prayers for your whole family from here as well.

yukon cornelius

Praying for all of you! These things can be hard for all involved.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Woodhauler

Just got back, they asked her if she wanted dialysis and she said yes. She doesn't even know where she is! Wife said ok to it. We don't think she will make the night. If she makes it out of there , she will need to go into a facility that can watch her 24/7 because she will try to off herself again!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

LittleJohn

Alzheimer's is a bad one, I have watched the decline with two different relatives paternal Grandfather and a Great Aunt.  Both very sad cases, it almost killed my grandmother when they put by grandfather in the nursing home, but after several talks with docters and shrinks they showed the dimishiment of her health by being her sole care giver.

Woodhauler

She passed away this morning. This is what she wanted, Not to live with the disease that was taking her life!  :'(

barbender

Sorry for your loss, Woodhauler. I think I can understand how she felt though, it would be hard to live with a disease that is destroying your mind :(
Too many irons in the fire

Chuck White

Sorry for the loss Woodhauler, but now she is at peace with the world!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

sandsawmill14

sorry for your families loss :( and may she finally rest in peace  :) it is a terrible disease  :(
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

coxy

Magicman

It's not always about the living.  Your family can now be at peace knowing that she is at peace.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WH_Conley

Bill

dgdrls

Very sorry WH,  thoughts and prayers to you and the family,

Dan

samandothers

Sorry to hear of her passing.  She is in a far more comfortable place and at peace.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

gspren

Condolences, hopefully there were good times to remember and don't dwell on the bad times.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

yukon cornelius

Sorry to hear this! I pray for peace and comfort for all of you.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Woodhauler

Things are better for my wife now! She took it hard the first day but now she knows it was for the best. She would have been 87 on april 1. My wife did say she was going to burn me on my brush pile out back when I die! 7500 dollars for the funeral her mother wanted.

gww

Funny thing about funerals.  I don't care what happens to me after I die but hope they bury me as cheap as leagaly possible.  I would like to honor my wifes wishes on her passing even if "I" think it is a bit of a waste.  I have not talked to my wife about her part of this but have told her to try and pawn my passing off as cheap as she can. I have pretty much decided to die before her so I don't have to think about or ask her about how to handle her funeral. 

I am sorry for any pain you may be feeling at this juncture in you life and wish for you and your wife, that things go as well as they possibly can.
Good luck.
gww

Thank You Sponsors!