iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new rig

Started by slider, March 16, 2016, 07:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

This is for some of you truckers on here.Check out this new refuse trailer that J Miller and i were using yesterday for our demolition friend.It's 13 ft 4 in high and 48 ft long.I have not pulled a dump in years but this one scares me.

al glenn

chevytaHOE5674

Nice looking rig. Make sure your on good solid and level ground when you dump that sucker. Seen a few of them go over sideways when they start dumping and the ground is soft and the trailer tips just a little.

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on March 16, 2016, 07:28:42 AM
Nice looking rig. Make sure your on good solid and level ground when you dump that sucker. Seen a few of them go over sideways when they start dumping and the ground is soft and the trailer tips just a little.
Yep, we built the embassy in Haiti and I built and set up the man camp for the project and during site prep one of our local drivers laid one on its side. I think he tried to drive it forward with the bed raised. I'd think one as big a yours should come with landing gear for stability/side support. Congrats but be careful.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

That is a nice rig.  Carrying "loose" loads, I would imagine that the weight ratio is it's saving factor.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

City Boy here... So when it's all the way up like that, can you drive it away a bit so the load slides out or do you have to set the box down move and re dump?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

sandhills

Impressive, never seen an end dump that long, around here mostly all you see that long are the SideDumpr trailers.

fishpharmer

Scares me too :o  Tractor looks great, is that the Peterbuilt you restored?   Not trying to be a smart alec here but, what's the logic on standing out the door, "run if it tips?"
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

slider

James the controls for the dump are inside the cab you must be close if things go wrong.
Bill it has to pull forward to get most of the debris out but very carefully and on solid ground.
The key to this unit i think is to keep it on good solid ground and not load it with dense material.
To answer your question about is it the truck I restored is no, this is a 2015 pete.My 1985 is 90 % finished and on hold for now.I was going back into trucking but after partnering with JMiller in our tree business and sawing full time i just may be able to stay at home.Who knows i may try to make it into a motor home and come see you one day.al
al glenn

Jhenderson

Those frameless dumps scare me. I watched one loaded with salt tip over while dumping on a asphalt pad. Some of the load hung up front, that was all she wrote.

plowboyswr

FIL has a 46' square bottom aluminum that he hauls poultry house cleanings and chat in. It's a spread axle so when it goes up  all that weight is sitting on one axle. The chat wasn't bad to dump but the poultry litter if it had any dampness to it it would stick, wasn't until he put two vibrators on it that he could get those loads to move.  I asked him if he ever got used to dumping it , he just looked at me and said,"the day that my backside don't pucker will be the day I quit." :D He still won't allow the MIL to sit in the cab when he raises it.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

brianJ

Gots to be careful forgusty windsas well when fully lifted.

bigred1951

I remember my uncle forgot to release the door latch on a loaded single axle dump once. Raised the bed truck stood straight up in the air and sat there on its rear till they pulled it down.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: brianJ on March 17, 2016, 08:29:49 PM
Gots to be careful forgusty windsas well when fully lifted.

thats what i was going to say we learned that the hard way hauling corn in the early 90s :o and it was only 36' :o :-[ :)
nice looking rig btw :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

sawguy21

Quote from: Jhenderson on March 16, 2016, 07:17:00 PM
Those frameless dumps scare me. I watched one loaded with salt tip over while dumping on a asphalt pad. Some of the load hung up front, that was all she wrote.
That was my first  thought, it would create real problems.  :o Sure do like the tractor though.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!