iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Added light to saw plate

Started by Jim_Rogers, March 15, 2016, 09:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Recently I was working with a fellow timber framer. He had just purchased a Milwaukee 10" skill saw. A very nice brand new saw.

He was always having trouble seeing the blade and the line to follow, wherever he was cutting parts. He added a portable light to the base plate that shines on the blade so you can see it in order to watch the line and cut along it.
What he did was he took a "head lamp" the kind of lamp you where on your head when you're out camping and removed the strap that goes around your head. Then he super glued a piece of Velcro to the base of the lamp and the base plate on the saw. This way he can remove it when he needs to change the batteries.

I felt it was a good modification to his saw and it worked well for me:

I don't own a 10" saw but someday if I do I may add this to it.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Dave Shepard

That's a cool mood. If like a 10" w, but they just don't cut creep enough to justify the money. The Makita only cuts 3 3/4", and the Milwaukee even less.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

RPF2509

I really like that idea.  The new LED lights open up a lot of options with low power draw for the light output and compact size.  I just put a 4' LED (plug in of course - looks just like an old school fluorescent) over the table saw and turned dimness into daytime.

elk42

The LED lights are real good I just put 3 in my blade grinding room . I got them at
Walmart for $42.00 each.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Bruno of NH

I like the idea  :) :)
I don't see the line as well as i get older and i'm the cut man  :D
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!