iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stump grinder teeth

Started by justintimemoto, March 13, 2016, 07:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justintimemoto

I don't know if this is the right spot to post this so if it needs to be moved I apologize. I have a Carlton 4012 with the sandvick wheel. I have a couple extra sets of teeth and was wondering if anyone on here knew a place who sharpens them or replaces the carbide tip. Thanks!!!
ms660 372xp 455 rancher

2006 suzuki rm 125 for sale

goose63

Along ways from you but there is a guy in Watertown South Dakota
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

justintimemoto

Do you know how much he charges? Does he sharpen them or just replace the carbide? I'd send them out to be done better than spending almost 600 on a new set
ms660 372xp 455 rancher

s grinder

I also have a 4012 with a Sandvic wheel my local dealer sells them for a little over $10.00 each,you can also pick up a diamond grinding wheel from Norton Manufacturing for around $300.00 in change,use a stone wheel to cut the sides and the diamond just to cut the carbite.I just do my own,i also clean teeth with wire wheel first.You can go on youtube, there's a couple of people showing how to sharpen them,the biggest thing is to cut the metal back on a angle so the carbite is pronounced.You must know you can reverse teeth left to right,also the plow teeth so you have a fresh edge.My local dealer is Shelter Tree,www.sheltertree.com.Hope it helps.

justintimemoto

Thanks for the info and yeah I do that all the time. The grounds very rocky around here unfortunately
ms660 372xp 455 rancher

s grinder

Same here,the glacier was not kind to us around here either

pigpen

I get all my slasher teeth from Rice Blacksmith shop in Rice MN. They are pretty nice to deal with, if you want, i will post or you can call me and i can help you get started re tipping your own? its not that hard or even that time consuming... my teeth for comparison are $8 new, $6 re tipped, or $2 for supplies to do my own.

Thank You Sponsors!