iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sources for Parts and Hardware

Started by fstedy, October 23, 2004, 12:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fstedy

Hi All
I was reading customsawyers post about guide rollers and thought  8) some sources for supplies would be helpful. I owned a machine shop for 15 years and have dealt with these companies they offer reasonable prices, free 800#'s, free catalogs and good customer service.

MSC Industrial Supply                800-645-7270
                                                www.mscdirect.com

Surplus Center                           800-488-3407
                                                www.surpluscenter.com

northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company                             800-556-7885
                                                www.northerntool.com

Harbor Freight Tools                   800-423-2567
                                                www.harborfrieght.com

You do have to be careful of Harbor Freight their prices are super low but some of their products aren't commercial quality (they are serviceable for the price). I have some other sources for speciaized stuff that I'll have to dig out. Give these companies a call ( especially MCS their catalog is huge 3,000 some pages and it is easier to find things with the in the book than online) and order a catalog. Hope this helps someone ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Gilman

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

fstedy

Just trying to give a a little information on what I know in exchange for all that has been learned by me from the Forum.
Here's another good company many of you may deal with.

Grizzly Industrial                       800 523 4777
                                               www.grizzly.com

They offer a great selection of woodworking, metalworking machinery and tooling.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.

fstedy

::)Here is the link to another great supplier, they have everything  chain, pillow blocks ,hydraulics, hydraulic hose, bearings, seals, grade 8 bolts ect. Order a catalog online. ;D

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Fred

FDH did you swipe that link?? ;) if you did please share
     Fred
Baker 18M
Woodmaster 718 Planer/ molder

fstedy

:o Sorry about the GHOST LINK but you know  ;D funny ;D things happen this time of the year ;)

http://www.baumhydraulics.com/

MrMoo

I have also found that these folks have all kinds of stuff too. Always good quality.

//www.fastenal.com
//www.appliedindustrial.com

Thank You Sponsors!