iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt35 simple set

Started by lewis, March 10, 2016, 11:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewis

I bought a Lt35 manual in 2014, last summer I left the control box open over night and got some dew on it, about an hour of sawing and the s s started going all the way down when engaged but would work going up,I looked in my manual and it said check for the light on the encoder flashing, it was flashing, so I called WM in portland OR, they told me to call tech support. I called them, the fellow on the phone told me if the encoder was flashing it was the wire that was broken, it isnt that,so where do I go from there, I did check all connections. I found that WM was not very helpful at all with this problem, I am stuck on a tug boat right now but I will be Home soon,have any of you had this problem with the SS ?

hacknchop

Welcome to the ff Im not a wm guy but I did have a similar problem with sensor wire that did not appear broken yet when we changed the wire the problem went away but you may have already did that, I had done a coductivity check and  thought I had it covered but anyway you came to the right place for help.
Often wrong never indoubt

MartyParsons

Hello,
   There was an issue a few years back where the program would change to a different application. In your operators manual there is a chart # 6.4. It explains how to check the Gear setting and if you have the encoder on top or the bottom of the up down gear box. ( Invgear setting)
I would guess it would be best to read this info in the manual. I can send you a manual on a PDF if you can open it on the Tug. Just PM me.
It is not hard to check and change ( from my point of view) I would be glad to help.

FIG. 6-4
Models                                Revision                               Gear Setting                      InvGear Setting

LT35/LT35HD          A1.00 - A1.02                                                  0.2250                              Yes
LT35/LT35HD          A2.00 - A2.01                                                  0.3492                              Yes
LT35/LT35HD          A3.00 - A4.01                                                  0.1170                              Yes

You would go to the chart and check your revision ( Some of these mills have had up grades to the up down did you ever change the up down assembly?)
The gear setting is the pulse that the program reads. This would change the accuracy of the set. It would not make it go down with out stopping. The invert gear setting reads the encoder back wards so this would make the head go to the bottom with out stopping because it thinks it is going up and not down. You will need to change both settings.

Hope this helps!

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

millwright

I have one of the earlier lt 35 s, and have the same problem from time to time. Marty is right on with the answer, after you reset it a couple of times you can do it very quickly. It's a real simple fix.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Something else about a Simple Set.....over time, if you turn a lot of big cants that really jolts the mill....sometimes the simple set will throw up an EO2 error. It happens occasionally but not a lot. Don't be alarmed. You can clear out the simple set and start over. The simple set is a small computer and a jolt will not harm it but will cause it to throw an error up.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Does that mean that you have been jolted?   ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on March 11, 2016, 08:00:40 PM
Does that mean that you have been jolted?   ???

A few times.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Tree Dan

I too had the same problem with my 35, and I reprogramed it as Marty pointed out and it worked fine.
Woodmizer did send me a part to fix the the problem, but I never needed to put it in.
It was a updated circuit board.
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

lewis

Thanks to all will try it when I get home,hopefully  large swell running outside 18-22 ft

MReinemann

Did they come up with a fix for this.  My 35 does it also.  Last time I called the guys at the Northeast shop they told me how to reset it and said the brains of the operation were trying to figure out a fix.  It's easy to reset just aggravating when your trying to saw.

sparks

If the gear ratio keeps changing on its own then the circuit board needs to be replaced. It will be done at N/C. Just give us a call.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

MReinemann

Sparks, thanks for the info.

millwright

I called WM and they are sending a new board, good service is nice to have these days when a lot of places sell you something then forget about you.

Thank You Sponsors!